PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of spell graphics?

vert
07-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Is there a way to mode my game so I don't have to see the Demon Hunters wards or circle spells?
I play with 2 other people, and one is a demon hunter, and he just throws that stuff all over the place, and then I can't see any monsters or myself half the time!
It would be cool to have a very basic graphic for it, maybe just an circle outline to show the radius, if not that can I just delete a file to make the graphic go away or something? :)

Thanks!

Shadow
07-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Effects are definitely moddable. In this case you would want to find the proper effects files in the Effects directory. In general you want to change the files that start with CircleOf, MonsterFireWard, MonsterLightningWard, etc.

vert
07-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Great, so if I wanted to make it so lets say when he drops the fireward, it drops a firetrap on the ground where he clicked so we know where it is, do I just take the Firetrap eff and rename it to the MonsterFireWard eff?

Thanks!

Shadow
07-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah, that should work. The fire trap effect is trapImmolation.eff

vert
07-18-2011, 08:24 PM
I tried deleting them and in single player it wouldn't show up, but in multiplayer when my friend uses it, it still shows up.
Only I deleted it, does he have to also, or is there another way to do it?

Shadow
07-19-2011, 11:01 AM
The effects stuff is mostly client side so the server shouldn't have to do anything if you have modified the effects stuff correctly. I say mostly because the server knows down to the model level what is going on. So it knows there is a MonsterFireWard model on the ground but not what effects the model is spawning.

In other words, if it is still displaying the effect it is still on the client somewhere.