PDA

View Full Version : Charlie the Coyote

Delilah Rehm
01-07-2008, 01:13 PM
After Charlie (http://dailycoyote.blogspot.com/)ís parents were shot, a photographer took the infant coyote into her home. Charlieís life is featured for all of the world (the pictures are a must see), and I am one envious woman. I can imagine loving raising and protecting a coyote. Iím not sure itís legal in Texas, and Iím not planning on it, but I would love to live in nature. SomedayÖ

Delilah Rehm
05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Charlie now has a video on his page.

I've read more about raising wild animals, in particular another woman raising a coyote. http://coyotelady.blogspot.com/

Yeah.... Umm, not for me, but I love to read about it. My ultimate dream is to live on some land supporting native life (plants and animals). Maybe in the Texas hill country, maybe in the Colorado mountains. That, and write. :)

Gragt
05-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Cute. I'm more a fan of ferrets though.

Shadow
05-14-2008, 05:44 PM
We actually did have 3 ferrets at one point in time.

Gragt
05-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Wow, talk about the fluffy factor going up.

Baskar
05-20-2008, 01:06 PM
I realize this is an older post, but it's about animals and this just happens to be my weak/strong suit...(depending on your view)

Coyotes are nice, they're great even...Just not on my property. Right now myself and a bunch of my neighbors (I live out in the boonies, lots of Amish and other farmers in the area) are sick and tired of getting the run around from the local (private, not state or gov't run) Wildlife preserve. We're to just sit idly by and let them get after our livestock? We may not be allowed to kill em, but we've found the next best thing...trap em and leave em on the wildlife preserve's front step. Last time I was there someone had put a bunch of pens up...well, they're getting full of coyotes. On last count was 23....and that's in just a month.

I raise chickens, ducks, geese, pheasant, quail, button quail (not for eating, though usually I sell some each year - not this year though), and pigeons. The pigeons ended up being my mother's pets (my parents live next door, I live in the house I grew up in). Besides Coyotes, we also get to deal with mink, weasels, cooper's hawk's (chicken hawk), badgers, raccoons, and foxes. Thank goodness we can take care of everything on that list (except for the cooper's hawk's). If we couldn't, we'd be very...irate. This is our livlihood, not a part time project to keep ourselves happy. Why these stupid people (wildlife preserve) can't do more is beyond my understanding. I just know we're all getting sick and tired of this crap.

Rant/post over. Sorry for rambling, it's a touchy subject.

Delilah Rehm
05-21-2008, 10:50 AM
That's definitely a serious issue! 37 coyotes? :eek: Wow. I wonder what kind of range they need. I'd worry about over population. In an ideal world, there'd be some kind of balance, and certainly RESPONSIBE wildlife sanctuary/rescue owners. If 37 coyotes are running amuck, when somebody's child gets hurt, there'll be hell to pay.

Delilah Rehm
05-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Wow. How did I turn 23 into 37? Weird. ;)