PDA

View Full Version : Lich form

vert
07-26-2011, 07:35 PM
I was able to switch the model for lich form to an actual lich, but is there a way for me to make it so it uses the lich animations for casting and dying, raise dead and stuff like that?
Also is there a way to shrink it(just for PC's) and/or change the colors(just for PC's)?

Also if I quit the game, and go back on, I'm back to human form and have to remove the skill points and then re-add them to get back the lich model...guess I didn't do it correctly lol.

Thanks!

Shadow
07-27-2011, 11:14 AM
You could do most of that I believe. If you made a new version of the lich model, skin, and shader and pointed the skill to that you could change change the color of the lich.

Once you are using a different lich model you can go into the model file and add a ton of animations. You would basically need to map the animations the game is trying to play with the ones the lich actually has.

You should be able to change the scale of the player lich by adding a line like this
StatMultSize -0.5
to the lich status effect.

I'm not sure about the disappearing model after save/load. It really wasn't designed to do exactly what you are trying to do.

vert
07-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Hmm I will try making it more like the stalker ability then, so I have to use it and it has a timer on it(that should make the disappearing model not matter), as I saw dins additional's was able to do that with other druid shapes.

Do you know if it is possible to have a spell that cancels the lich form though?
Like hit the Lich form to transform, then hit it again(or another spell) to switch back to human form(right now when I do this, it turns off the model, but not the spell effect, as I have no reuse time set)

Is there a way to map the casting of raise dead to the lich raise dead spell, and all other spells to the lich bolt cast, or do I have to map each spell individually?(Like Cast*) or something
Also when trying to link the raise dead animation of the lich to the raise skeleton of the necromancer, how do I put that in the .mdl ?

castSkeleton and raise Skeleton did not work.

Thanks for all the help!! I appreciate it :)

Shadow
07-27-2011, 01:12 PM
The stealth skill works like that so you might want to look at that and see if you can do something similar.

You are going to have to do each spell/skill separately.

vert
07-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Using stealth worked perfectly!

Figured it out by looking in the human PC .mdl :)

Now I just need to see if I can make raised dead mobs look a bit different so I can tell them apart.. lol
How do you get that green halo around the skeletons? Trying to do the same with the raised dead.

Thanks again!