PDA

View Full Version : Jump Rope for Fitness

Delilah Rehm
01-07-2008, 01:27 PM
I started jump roping (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1608/is_4_19/ai_104682191)for fitness, beginning with 30 jumps. By week two I was up to 50 jumps. Week three landed me at 60 jumps, and now (week four) Iím at 90 jumps. Sounds like a lot, right? I timed it. 90 jumps, 45 seconds. :D

I do it three to five times a day, but it still isnít much in the time department. And thatís the key. It doesnít take much time, so I can do it anytime. Easy. Once I work up to five minutes straight, Iíll have something to help manage my weight. Plus, Iíll be healthier. Iíve been stress eating a lot this last year, and Iím wondering if I can turn that into stress jumping. All in all, Iím really excited about the potential. Check these stats (http://www.jumpropeinstitute.com/a-z_on_jump_rope.htm#comp%20other%20exercises)!

Delve
01-07-2008, 02:07 PM
I like crunches. 48 (4 sets of twelve, one center, one each side, and another center) only takes me a couple of minutes, requires not equipment, and won't leave me short of breath. Great for the abs, though I haven't a clue about weight control.

Delilah Rehm
01-31-2008, 03:35 PM
I've never done a lot of crunches. Believe me, I could tell how weak my core was the first time I tried pilates! I like pilates, but in general, it isn't something I'll keep up with over time.

Delilah Rehm
01-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Okay you guys, I've had a weird and amazing thing happen to me since I hit 80 reps / 40 seconds, two times per day. My mood is incredibly good. I used to whine about my too busy schedule, and now it seems fine, normal even.

Jump roping has made me happier. WEIRD!!! :eek: This is not something I expected, and certainly not for a minute and a half of work! I'm now up to 100 jumps / 50 seconds which I do twice. I'm curious to see if this effect will last.

Delilah Rehm
05-07-2008, 03:53 PM
So... A few months back I went to the dentist for some cavities, and afterward, I had gobs of PAIN. I don't jumprope when having pain issues so I haven't done it in months.

My teeth are better now so I'll probably get back to it soon. I'm also stretching a lot, playing Dance Dance Revolution for cardio, and I'm about to start the 5 Tibetans Rites.

Delwynndwn
05-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Aerobic exercise will definitely affect your mood, not just your physical stats. And even though you're not jump roping now, DDR is definitely a great way to get your aerobic workout! It's actually my preferred way as well. :D

Delilah Rehm
05-08-2008, 09:06 AM
On DDR, I'm playing The Hottest Party on the Wii. At first, I really stank!!! Now I'm up to playing songs at levels 4 and 5.