PDA

View Full Version : My review on Depths of Peril

Fizcap
08-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Since I was 8,I also wanted to play Depths of peril,then I bought the game for 20 dollars.Now i'm 12 and I still play it.It's personally one of my favorite games because of its creative ideas.This game can be modded easily and that's a plus for me.And it should be a game of the year of rpg.I also found a few flaws I don't like about the game like once when I was on a level 20 game,every convent had 12 heroes,I only had 6.And this made a huge lag when they raided and I couldn't take it,but they let off easily,so I had to mod to make the raid time easily.This game could also use multiplayer.Every player starts from level 1 and Every convent has 1 real player and they can recruit bots.There's a 10 minute convent protection which other players can't hurt until 10 minutes passed and you can play co-op where you have 6 players which saved their game be on your convent and have smarter AI.I also like the idea of relation ships where you can have allys in your aid,or have enemies which will f*** up your entire game.But this game also has nice mods which makes them game exactly how I wanted.They have to make a sequel.
Down Sides/Up Sides
+ Original Ideas
+ Leveling Up
+ Alliances/Wars
+ Death has a huge penalty
+ You can mod the game easily
+ Cool Mods
+ Dungeons
- No Multiplayer
- Dumb AI
- Convents sometimes have more heroes then you which causes lag
- AI can be a bit to weak
Score
9/10
- FizCap,Fan boy.

DeathKnight1728
08-09-2011, 12:44 AM
That was a good review. I feel the same way. Depths of peril opened me up to indie gaming, allowing me to find other companies such as spiderweb software with great games as well. However, I find that though Soldak is doing great, they havent reached their peak yet. Give it some time, the community here is great and shadow is extremely dedicated. When Dop2 comes out, we can have a party and invite the sprites over for dinner :D

Draganoth
08-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Since I was 8,I also wanted to play Depths of peril,then I bought the game for 20 dollars.Now i'm 12 and I still play it.It's personally one of my favorite games because of its creative ideas.This game can be modded easily and that's a plus for me.And it should be a game of the year of rpg.I also found a few flaws I don't like about the game like once when I was on a level 20 game,every convent had 12 heroes,I only had 6.And this made a huge lag when they raided and I couldn't take it,but they let off easily,so I had to mod to make the raid time easily.This game could also use multiplayer.Every player starts from level 1 and Every convent has 1 real player and they can recruit bots.There's a 10 minute convent protection which other players can't hurt until 10 minutes passed and you can play co-op where you have 6 players which saved their game be on your convent and have smarter AI.I also like the idea of relation ships where you can have allys in your aid,or have enemies which will f*** up your entire game.But this game also has nice mods which makes them game exactly how I wanted.They have to make a sequel.
Down Sides/Up Sides
+ Original Ideas
+ Leveling Up
+ Alliances/Wars
+ Death has a huge penalty
+ You can mod the game easily
+ Cool Mods
+ Dungeons
- No Multiplayer
- Dumb AI
- Convents sometimes have more heroes then you which causes lag
- AI can be a bit to weak
Score
9/10
- FizCap,Fan boy.

What? Dumb AI? How?

They'll either follow you and attack enemies on sight(When attacked/been attacked) Or stay in the covenant and fight when needed (Or regenerate)
Calling it an dumb AI is stupid.

If they have more heroes you might have modded them to be possible to. As I never occured that, Even though I modded up my whole DoP.

DeathKnight1728
01-05-2012, 02:33 PM
You know its funny that depths of peril is the only action game ive played where its just as tactical as fallout tactics (a roleplaying game) That says quite a bit.