PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Hunting

jureidinim
08-09-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm sure this new game would have as one of the dynamic missions - bounty hunting. Where a race may hire you to take out a specific target (enemy military leader, pirate, rival mercenary, etc).

What i was wondering though, would you allow bounty hunters to be regular NPC's? that is, there are other bounty hunters around.. and .. if you upset a race too much, a specific bounty could be put on you (player).

I know if you are hated by an empire, you would probably be targeted by all their ships in their space. But by having a bounty on you, it would mean that even in relatively "safe" space, a bounty hunter could still come after you.

Shadow
08-09-2011, 02:11 PM
A bounty being placed on your head would be cool.

DeathKnight1728
08-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Bounty hunting has always been a large talent for mercenaries and a good area for stories to have in them. It would be great to not only get hunted, but to be able to hunt for races that are outstanding marked bounties. This would add much to the quest line of things shadow. You could have certain races that might be more prone to hunting, or more prone to being listed for hunting. I like where this is going.

BQwoobie
08-27-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm sure this new game would have as one of the dynamic missions - bounty hunting. Where a race may hire you to take out a specific target (enemy military leader, pirate, rival mercenary, etc).

Will there be 'rival mercenaries,' with whom you have to compete?

jureidinim
08-28-2011, 08:41 AM

Well that would be cool - something similar to Space Rangers. Could be a game within a game. While you are doing the main "quest" of helping a race to victory, you are also competing to be top mercenary in the galaxy - some sort of leaderboard showing your running score based on missions completed/bounties collected/number of deaths, etc.. as compared to other named mercenaries in game.

Shadow
08-28-2011, 11:01 AM

I haven't decided yet.

gornova
10-15-2011, 06:19 AM
+1 for this idea, really cool, see mercenaries fight to killing me have no price :D