PDA

View Full Version : recommendation for map

curiousity
01-08-2008, 03:35 AM
Hello. (The recommendation in caps at bottom.)

I found your game a week ago and have lost a lot of time because of it. :)

Excellent find. At first it reminded me of Diablo, but you guys (and gals, I assume) have done a wonderful job of including more. Just more of the good stuff that actually makes it more interesting. Interesting and varied quests that competing covenants can complete? I am really enjoying this.

My experiences: My first character was a rogue. Had a good time. Was still learning. Only went to lv6. Next was a warrior. I got up to lv15 or 16, but lost interest after I couldn't beat any groups of three monsters. Not even close. My current game is a cleric. I am really enjoying it. I have a warrior as my NPC and lightning rod. I've read that rogue are good for crowd control, but I haven't found one with dazzle and haven't figured out what people mean by switching their traits around before saving? *Shrug* I'll figure it out. I'm really enjoying my current game with my cleric. I've up to lv14 with points in Holy Bolt (is that right? - whatever the lowest attack is), major heal, and chain armor. I've spread my character points around, but have focused on INT. I killed one troublesome covenant and have two that are friends with me (non-aggression pact and trade routes.) They help to defend the town and take care of the little quests that I don't want... It's a great arrangment. I'd make them allies, but I don't like that constantly blinking punishment icon telling that I'm a pansy for not starting a new game.

Wonderful game. Thanks,
Ken

RECOMMENDATION:

Please include a marker for dungeons (only once you have found them) on the map. Maybe entering the dungeon could trigger the marking on the map?

I had one quest that was "kill X in dungeon Y in land Z." I had already been in dungeon Y once while exploring, but I couldn't remember where it was in the map. I spent quite a while wandering around land Z, but I couldn't remember what the entrance looked like and was trying to avoid being killed the swarms. That was my first character and first go around.

NEVERMIND, I MUST HAVE BEEN TIRED AND BLIND. I SEE THE MARKER ON THE MAP NOW.

Delve
01-08-2008, 05:04 AM
I haven't found one with dazzle and haven't figured out what people mean by switching their traits around before saving?

I suspect this may have been fixed at some point. I've tried what was described and it didn't change anything for me.

It's a great arrangment. I'd make them allies, but I don't like that constantly blinking punishment icon telling that I'm a pansy for not starting a new game.

Actually, I believe if you ally with all covenant's they'll disappear. Leaving you with no town defenders and a constantly irritating blinking win icon. And a treasure chest full of goodies in town ! So, it's up to you. You can alwasy start a new world once you win this one. :)

Please include a marker for dungeons (only once you have found them) on the map. Maybe entering the dungeon could trigger the marking on the map?

If I understand you correctly what you're asking about is already in the game. What version are you using? In 1.004 at least dungeons show up on the map as little blue dots in whatever zone they're in. You can get the dungeon name by pointing the mouse at it. They look just like gates in the map screen.

curiousity
01-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Hey Delve

Actually, if you can win with alliance and that covenant stays there to help you out. I did that with my second character. That's where I learned that adventuring with that covenant's hero is probably the best way to build up relationships.

As for the dungeons on the map... I was playing earlier and noticed that it put a dungeon on the map. I must have blind. Or maybe picked the wrong desert or woods.:confused:

Delve
01-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Odd? It shows them all as eliminated for me.

Perhaps it's because I keep whittling it down to a single opposing Covenant before getting an Allied win.

Shadow
01-08-2008, 10:37 AM
I've read that rogue are good for crowd control, but I haven't found one with dazzle and haven't figured out what people mean by switching their traits around before saving?

This sounds like a method you used to be able to do a couple versions back. At one point in time the game didn't save the potential recruits (the ones that give quests in the center of town) skills correctly. So you could solve the quest, save/exit, return to the game, and see if the recruit had better skills this time. Then you could repeatedly save/exit and return until you got the exact skill set you wanted if you were patient enough.

This doesn't work any more though since the saving was fixed.