PDA

View Full Version : Request: base mana

Bluddy
09-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Hey Shadow

I'd like to put in another request for the next patch, whenever you get around to it. I realize it's hard to switch from developing the next game, so no pressure.

My request is, just as we have a base mana regen amount, it'd be really useful to have a base mana amount in the classes.gdb file. This base mana would be added to whatever is produced by INT and SPR.

In my next mod version I want to start at 100 base mana, and at the same time I'm reducing the amount of mana produced by each point of INT and SPR. To pull this off, I have to add a +75 max mana modifier to every single shirt/chest armor in the game. It'd be much cleaner to have the ability to simply control the base mana.

Thanks in advance.

Shadow
09-02-2011, 09:36 AM
I don't think that would be too hard to add in.

Gazz
09-06-2011, 07:08 AM
In my next mod version I want to start at 100 base mana, and at the same time I'm reducing the amount of mana produced by each point of INT and SPR. To pull this off, I have to add a +75 max mana modifier to every single shirt/chest armor in the game. It'd be much cleaner to have the ability to simply control the base mana.
Can't you just make it a class skill, like adding the flat amount to the "extra mana regen" skill?

Would be a lot easier to assign one slightly modified base skill to your class than to edit every item in the game.

That would allow you to further differenciate classes, such as the mystic finger-wagglers like fire wizards having a lot of mana but the necros, who partially deal in HP while they ply their trade, are shifted a bit more to the HP side.

Bluddy
09-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Can't you just make it a class skill, like adding the flat amount to the "extra mana regen" skill?

Would be a lot easier to assign one slightly modified base skill to your class than to edit every item in the game.

That would allow you to further differenciate classes, such as the mystic finger-wagglers like fire wizards having a lot of mana but the necros, who partially deal in HP while they ply their trade, are shifted a bit more to the HP side.

The method of adding modifiers to items actually turned out to be a flop. Not because I had to add too many things - it actually wasn't that many - but because adding default modifiers to items makes all items into magic items and in general messes them up.

I eventually found a good way to add mana to every player. I used a 4th, hidden skill tree to do it. I'll explain the problem and the solution more clearly when I post the new version in the mod forum.