PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Drox Operative

Shadow
09-15-2011, 01:56 PM
We are finally announcing our in development space action RPG, Drox Operative, today. You can read the game's description and feature list on the Drox Operative overview (http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Overview.html) page.

Roswitha
09-15-2011, 02:40 PM
This would explain why things have been quiet lately. :)
In the second paragraph of the overview, you refer to Operators rather than Operatives.

Shadow
09-15-2011, 02:55 PM
In the second paragraph of the overview, you refer to Operators rather than Operatives.

That's why press releases always make me nervous. I worry that some major screw up is going to get through. Luckily in this case I bet most people miss it, well at least I hope.

Thanks for pointing this out as usual Roswitha.

getter77
09-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Looking forward to it. Also: Dreadnought instead of Dreadnaught I'm guessing?

Shadow
09-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Looking forward to it. Also: Dreadnought instead of Dreadnaught I'm guessing?

Looks like it is spelled both ways commonly. I guess we will have to pick one or the other.

caldazar
09-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Looking forward to this game, I have to say!

gornova
09-15-2011, 06:16 PM
we need more info!! When a screenshot??

Bluddy
09-15-2011, 08:16 PM
I like the name. Good choice.

Von Paulus
09-15-2011, 10:23 PM
A screenshot would be nice, but maybe it's too early.

Shadow
09-16-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm not sure when we will have screenshots, but it shouldn't be too much longer.

So far it seems that people like the name, although I'm not positive I would hear any negative feedback about the name yet if people didn't like it.

gornova
09-16-2011, 12:25 PM
just open a poll on forum for this kind of response

Von Paulus
09-16-2011, 02:22 PM
just open a poll on forum for this kind of response
Yes that would be the best.
A name is just a name. But I wouldn't choose that one for sure.

Delilah Rehm
09-17-2011, 12:16 AM
I've been so busy, I don't even know what it looks like!!! :eek: That's right. I haven't even played it yet. My ultimate fan status isn't paying off... :p

Hagaar
09-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Shadow,

Just wondering if this is going to be Single player or strictly multi??:confused:

Roswitha
09-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Just wondering if this is going to be Single player or strictly multi??:confused:

It's single player. Here's the list from the overview. Multi is a note at the end. :)

Explore a dynamic and evolving galaxy
Explore a unique sector of the galaxy in every game, with different "monsters", ship components, quests, and even races
Fight in the galactic war between the various alien races
Battle hundreds of different enemy starships
Build the coolest and deadliest starship in the galaxy
Outfit your ship with thousands of components and crew
Adventure with your friends with co-op multiplayer

Hagaar
09-17-2011, 02:41 PM
It's single player. Here's the list from the overview. Multi is a note at the end. :)

Explore a dynamic and evolving galaxy
Explore a unique sector of the galaxy in every game, with different "monsters", ship components, quests, and even races
Fight in the galactic war between the various alien races
Battle hundreds of different enemy starships
Build the coolest and deadliest starship in the galaxy
Outfit your ship with thousands of components and crew
Adventure with your friends with co-op multiplayer

Thanks Roswitha! The write up didn't make all that much sense to me.

DeathKnight1728
09-18-2011, 11:38 AM
A name is nothing more than a way of keeping track for the game. Most people dont judge the game based on the name unless their experience with the gameplay is not good.

Without too much bias, I think the name is good because it implies some sort of secret mission and insidious part about the game that you can find out.

Shadow
09-19-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't foresee us making a multiplayer only game ever. Nothing is impossible, but it's just not likely. :)

BQwoobie
09-22-2011, 12:23 AM
This game sounds very cool, and I laughed at the part about how you wouldn't have to run a "whiny" empire (so true, so true!). I definitely will have my money ready for this one.

I hope that your ship is VERY customizable, so that you can create a unique ship each time you play a campaign.

abomination5
09-25-2011, 11:18 PM
Wow, it's going to be out sooner than I expected. I guess somebody is going to be busy. ;)

TNoyce
10-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Glad to see you're well on the way to having another game for me to try out.

I really like Din's Curse & Demon Wars, so I anticipate enjoying the space setting just as much. Please let me know when there's a pre-order available, as I'll be more than happy to do so, when I can.

Shadow
10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Please let me know when there's a pre-order available, as I'll be more than happy to do so, when I can.

When we have preorders available we'll announce it on our website, forums, newsletter, twitter, facebook, the press, etc. Hopefully you won't be able to miss it. :)