PDA

View Full Version : Wars

gornova
09-16-2011, 04:29 AM
In Drox Operative's universe races make wars each other :D

But what kind of wars? Player will see fleets fighting each others in some massive scale ? Something like 100 ships vs 100 ships, launching nuclear weapons on planets?

Shadow
09-16-2011, 11:54 AM
You will definitely see them fight each other. It probably will not be 100s of ships at a time though. The races try to make stronger ships instead of more ships.

gornova
09-16-2011, 12:22 PM
thanks! I like this idea, seems reasonable! But travelling ships, for example from Zron empire attacking Krin Protectorate.. how do you get notice to player of that? Can player get notice from travelling ships? I mean from the gui

Shadow
09-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Right now you are told when they go to war. I'm not sure if being told about battles would be cool or get to be too much.

gornova
09-21-2011, 10:27 AM
If I'm in zone, maybe using some indicator on screen border, like red arrows.. it's not so cool to get into a war without be warned before :D

Shadow
09-21-2011, 11:52 AM
If I'm in zone, maybe using some indicator on screen border, like red arrows.. it's not so cool to get into a war without be warned before :D

Well just because you are there you wouldn't necessarily be involved in the war. For the most part you will know if one of the races wants to kill you. :)

gornova
09-22-2011, 10:35 AM
I agree, just not launch some fusion bombs near my ship :D

gornova
10-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Well just because you are there you wouldn't necessarily be involved in the war. For the most part you will know if one of the races wants to kill you. :)

go back to this old reply. How you will notify players about this?
A message on screen?

Shadow
10-10-2011, 01:45 PM
go back to this old reply. How you will notify players about this?
A message on screen?

Do you mean if a race wants you killed? If so they will basically declare war on the Drox Operatives. You will see a message to that effect and you will see that on the race screen also.

gornova
10-15-2011, 06:16 AM
Maybe you can add a dedicated screen for logs: many times I feel lost in Dop and Din's because there are a lot of info on messages and I can miss it.

this is my idea:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MtRp0qFZz80/TplO-cC5uTI/AAAAAAAAAxk/H0dZLoxEag0/s704/drox.PNG

note: you can use it, just credit me :P

So player can filter and navigate througt messages more easily and you can always color messages usign race colors (for example humans blue, Salarian red) and so on.

It's only my need or someone else need it?

Shadow
10-17-2011, 10:44 AM
That would be pretty cool.

Btw, the races are color coded already.

gornova
10-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm glad you like it. Btw, another idea could be let player add one or more filter on messages, for example on words "Jovin" (stellar system) or "Jovin V" (planet)

Bluddy
10-17-2011, 12:19 PM
+1 for a hyperlinked log filtering screen (can be a subsection of the journal screen). The only change I'd make is to have the most recent messages first.

gornova
10-18-2011, 06:44 AM
+1 for a hyperlinked log filtering screen (can be a subsection of the journal screen). The only change I'd make is to have the most recent messages first.

an option for this could make happy everyone :D

gornova
01-18-2012, 05:36 PM
back again on this, any ideas/consideration about interface?
I like to read some blog post or forum post about this when do you have time!

Shadow
01-18-2012, 06:42 PM
back again on this, any ideas/consideration about interface?
I like to read some blog post or forum post about this when do you have time!

I haven't added any kind of searchable interface, but you are now told when a race attacks a planet from another race.

ShaggyMoose
01-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Stumbling across massive battles between two or more other races would be cool. It happens quite a lot in Din's Curse and as well as being amusing it can be very useful.