PDA

View Full Version : Ctrl key to see monsters names?

StealthBunny
01-09-2008, 03:53 PM
OK, I see folks talking about this, but I can't get it to work... so... um... how does it work?:confused:

Delve
01-09-2008, 04:00 PM
For me at least it works exactly like the ALT key. I press the left CTRL key and poof, I get monster name popups. Very handy.

By the way Shadow, with both CTRL and ALT having valid uses would it be possible to add a quick "Disable the Windows Key" option in the menus? I keep dumping to the desktop by accident. It's not horrible, but it really interrupts the flow of the game.

StealthBunny
01-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Well, it doesn't work for me. Phooey. I've been trolling for one of the underground wormie guys for hours now.

I had a copy of the Reflexive release, but just bought one directly from here, so I could get the patches that would apply, but that didn't seem to help either. I did import my user file over from the Reflexive version... would that have cancelled out the 1.005 patch?

SamMcMackin
01-09-2008, 04:20 PM
I wish you could change the Alt and Ctrl keys in the options menu. Any reason they don't show up there?

StealthBunny
01-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I got it! I got it! Oh clever only-partially-computer-literate me, I got it! I forgot to uninstall the Reflexive version, and apparently it was defaulting back to it. Now I've got the names, and I've killed the wormie guy! Whoohoo!

*ahem*

I have been successful, thank you.

Oh, and the disableing windows key would be a nice addition, 'cause I hit that key all the time too.

Delve
01-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Congrats! :)