PDA

View Full Version : Races for DC

hailfrost
10-03-2011, 07:18 AM
is it possible to make playable races on Dins Curse Demon war

like Orcs, Elves, Undeads, Rylor and others that has a specific skills and professions?

Shadow
10-03-2011, 09:36 AM
In general you can. It really probably just depends on what you want to do. Look at how the stalker and kodiak spells work. You aren't going to have a lot of animations to work with though.

hailfrost
10-04-2011, 12:09 PM
i tried to but i cannot see the models for darkelves and how i will add a weapon..

and im having difficulties on the professions too. can you give me pointers please?

thanks in advance

Shadow
10-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Weapons rely on the model having the correct tags (which can be setup in the model editor), but other than that mostly just work automatically unless you are adding new weapons.

If you want to look like a dark elf just when a skill is used it would be very similar to the kodiak/stalker skills. If you want it to always be a certain model for a specific class you want to change ModelName in classes.gdb for that class.

For a new class you would want to set up a new class like the ones in classes.gdb, a new skill tree like the ones in skilltrees.gdb, and probably new skills. You will also probably need to modify UI/newCharacter.mnu so that you can see the new choices. There is a mod somewhere on these forums where someone made a lot of new classes/specialities.

hailfrost
10-26-2011, 12:12 AM
i successfully created a new race on Dins's Curse Demon war. i used the model of the fiend and gave it unique skills.

he is the first customized race that i made.

you may also need to add the UI file expansion of demon war [Expansions/Demon War]

hope you guys like it.. ill be adding more races soon..