PDA

View Full Version : Removing a slot

Bluddy
10-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Shadow, is there a way I could remove an item slot? For example, say I wanted to allow only 1 ring -- is there a way to do that in the data files?

Shadow
10-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Kind of. You can remove the 2nd ring slot in UI/equipment.mnu and see how well that works.

Bluddy
10-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Kind of. You can remove the 2nd ring slot in UI/equipment.mnu and see how well that works.

Thanks for the quick answer. I'll give it a try.

Another question: how does durability work? I've found isolated references to it sprinkled around the files, but what are the mechanics and how much can we change?

Shadow
10-04-2011, 12:10 PM
If you look in baseItems.gdb, you will find parms DamageChanceOnHit, DamageChanceOnHardMiss, DamageChanceWhenHit, and DamageChanceWhenSpecialHit. These control how often items normally are damaged.

If you look in objects.gdb, you will find parm HitDurabilityMult. This makes some things effect durability more (or less) than usual.

Finally, in baseItems.gdb you will see DurabilityBase and DurabilityPerLevel which controls how much durability each item has.

Most of these things can also be defined for the specific item/object instead of the base type to be more specific for that particular object.

Bluddy
10-04-2011, 12:36 PM
If you look in baseItems.gdb, you will find parms DamageChanceOnHit, DamageChanceOnHardMiss, DamageChanceWhenHit, and DamageChanceWhenSpecialHit. These control how often items normally are damaged.

If you look in objects.gdb, you will find parm HitDurabilityMult. This makes some things effect durability more (or less) than usual.

Finally, in baseItems.gdb you will see DurabilityBase and DurabilityPerLevel which controls how much durability each item has.

Most of these things can also be defined for the specific item/object instead of the base type to be more specific for that particular object.

Thanks very much! A few more questions:

1. I assume the DamageChance command values are in percentages? So DamageChanceOnHit 0.5 means 0.5% of the time you'll damage your weapon?

2. Does DamageChanceOnHardMiss refer only to blocks and parries, or does it refer to all misses?

3. Is the default durability damage 1 point, unless it's multiplied by HitDurabilityMult?

4. Does HitDurabilityMult on a monster affect only when attacking that monster (ie. weapon durability) or also when that monster attacks (armor durability)?

5. It seems that acid (poison) does much more damage to items than anything else. Fighting Nagas often causes items to break. But I don't see that specified anywhere. Is it hardcoded?

Shadow
10-04-2011, 02:16 PM
1) That is correct
2) Block and parry (the ones where you are in theory actually hitting something)
3) It is always 1 point. HitDurabilityMult effects the chance.
4) It is just when you hit them.
5) Ok, there is another way to get damage. Nagas can cause an effect called StatusEffectAcid that is specified in statusEffects.gdb. If you look in there, there is a parm called ItemDamageChance. In this case that is the chance of damaging an item each second that you have acid on you.

Bluddy
10-04-2011, 02:27 PM
1) That is correct
2) Block and parry (the ones where you are in theory actually hitting something)
3) It is always 1 point. HitDurabilityMult effects the chance.
4) It is just when you hit them.
5) Ok, there is another way to get damage. Nagas can cause an effect called StatusEffectAcid that is specified in statusEffects.gdb. If you look in there, there is a parm called ItemDamageChance. In this case that is the chance of damaging an item each second that you have acid on you.

OK that just about covers it. 2 final questions:
1) With the acid effect, is your weapon damaged or is armor damaged?
2) In general when damage is applied to armor, is it applied evenly, as in 1 damage to all armor, or is one piece of armor chosen randomly?

Shadow
10-05-2011, 06:32 PM
1) It can effect any item
2) It picks a random item