PDA

View Full Version : Kill X monsters of type Y on dungeon level Z

Gir
01-10-2008, 12:07 PM
One thing that I've noticed quite frequently is that when given this sort of quest, you don't have to descend past the first level of the dungeon if the monster type in question exists there.

So, for instance, if I'm supposed to kill 3 Nagas in a certain dungeon Level 2, killing those 3 Nagas on Level 1 completes the quest for you.

If I can reproduce it again I'll send it along, but it's happened with every quest of that type that I've taken. The "collect X items from dungeon level Y" quests seem to spawn properly.

Delve
01-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Actually, they just want you to kill X beasties. I've had a quest to kill X creatures in Y dungeon level Z and found some of them in forest Q. The ones in the forest were perfectly acceptable to the quest-giver, and much easier to get to.

Now, named creatures are another story entirely! :/

The location reference is given as a guide to finding them, I don't think it's supposed to be definitive based on the wording.

Shadow
01-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Yeah, some of the quests don't care where you kill the monsters. For example, the recruit quests don't really care where you kill the X monsters. The mentioned zone is just one known place that the specific monster appears at the time.

Now things like uprisings are more specific and you have to kill the monsters in the correct zone.