PDA

View Full Version : Armor Percentages

Bluddy
10-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Shadow, does it matter that the total of the armor percentages (wrist chest etc) is 116 and not 100?

Also, capes are configured to have an armor balance of 8 + 4/level, which should make them have the same armor value as a whole set of cloth armor...? Is the actual value internally divided?

Shadow
10-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Coming out to a total value of 116 is kind of strange, but no it doesn't really matter.

The capes armor value should work like any other cloth armor.

Bluddy
10-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Coming out to a total value of 116 is kind of strange, but no it doesn't really matter.

The capes armor value should work like any other cloth armor.

OK then I must be missing something regarding how individual armor pieces' armor value is calculated. How is the percentage of chest,wrist etc applied to an individual armor piece?

Shadow
10-06-2011, 01:48 PM
The basic armor value goes by this formula:
armor = ( armorBase + ( itemLevel * armorPerLevel ) ) * armorPiecePercent

where:
armoBase = parms like BalanceArmorClothBase
armorPerLevel = parms like BalanceArmorClothPerLevel
armorPiecePercent = parms like BalanceArmorPiecePercentChest

armorPiecePercent is divided by 100 also.

Bluddy
10-06-2011, 02:00 PM
OK. I'm starting to see where I was confused.

So cape is multiplied by BalanceArmorPiecePercentBack's percentage? That also explains why I thought it adds up to 116% -- BalancedArmorPiecePercentBack (which is 16%) isn't counted in the regular armor calculation because it's only used for cape..? If it is counted in the calculation, then for example plate armor loses 16/116 of its total points because it doesn't have a cape (ie there's nothing to put in PercentBack.

Is PercentBack used only by BalanceCapePerLevel and BalanceCapeBase, or is it used by cloth only, or by all armor types (none of which except cloth have a cape component)?

Shadow
10-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Basically the full usable armor percent of classes that can use a cap is 116% and everyone else is 100%.

The armor calculation for capes will use BalanceCapeBase, BalanceCapePerLevel, and BalanceArmorPiecePercentBack and that is the only item type that will use those 3 values.

slarur
01-03-2012, 01:52 PM
I don't like that the percentage is autocalculated to both item and hero stat. i would like it to only autocalculate to hero stat. is this possible?

Slarur