PDA

View Full Version : Can't save my games

Fast
01-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Hey,

I just downloaded the game and I love it. However, I can't save any of my players. It saves when I quit but when I go to play game, none of my players are there and if I try to resume last game, it shows the name of my last player but won't let me continue the game. Has this happened to anyone else?

Shadow
01-10-2008, 02:19 PM
That's weird. It's letting you save the config file, but sounds like it can't save the characters. If you go into the User directory (in the Depths of Peril directory wherever you installed it), is there any files in there?

Fast
01-10-2008, 04:05 PM
There is a cfg file labeled default.cfg and a folder labeled chars but there's nothing in it.

Shadow
01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Can you even see a user.cfg in the Users directory? That is where the name of your last character is saved. So if you are seeing the last player name when you try to resume, user.cfg is saved somewhere at least. What OS are you playing on? You aren't out of hard drive space are you?

I wonder if you are hitting some permissions issues and the OS just isn't letting you save files in that location.

Fast
01-10-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm using Vista. There doesn't seem to be a user.cfg anywhere. There is an Assets folder with files that are still zipped in it. Could that be the problem?

Shadow
01-10-2008, 06:13 PM
The asset zip files are fine. It sounds like Vista is not letting the game save where it wants to or is moving them. You said the resume button knew what your last character was, right? If so the game is saving the user.cfg file somewhere else.

Fast
01-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Ok. Sorry to be such a pain about this, but is there any way to correct that?

Shadow
01-10-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm not too familiar with Vista, but you might want to try any compatibility settings it might have or run as administrator if you can.

EndymyrBrand
01-13-2008, 01:43 AM
The game runs fine for me on a Vista laptop, so it's not OS-specific (I'm not running it in compatibility mode, but I do play from an administrator account).