PDA

View Full Version : Story Log

jureidinim
10-11-2011, 01:05 PM
One request if its possible :-)

Some sort of story log of your (player) accomplishments and even failures.

I liked the Hardcore screen in Din's curse stating you are weilder of X equipment and your greatest achievment is Y. Or even the stats page showing total kills, gold, etc.

For Drox, could it be a bit more narrative? Example;
On this date xxx Player saved Planet from Asteroid destruction.
On this date xxx Player attempted to intercept arms shipment bound for Planet X but failed. The shipment was later used to start an uprising on the planet.
and of course details of your ship (final state).

Just something along those lines to look back on the history of your character .
It could just be the more notable events, or events that led to bigger things (good and bad).

In din's curse your event system really makes some good stories which i wish i could look back on - bosses who meet, then start uprisings, then build recon totems, then send raids, finally stopped by player.

Hoping something like that will be possible.

Shadow
10-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Actually DC (and Drox) do save a log of the events that happen in the game. It's pretty much just the text events you see on the screen saved to a file and time stamped. You can find these in a Logs directory where your normal saves are saved.

Bluddy
10-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Actually DC (and Drox) do save a log of the events that happen in the game. It's pretty much just the text events you see on the screen saved to a file and time stamped. You can find these in a Logs directory where your normal saves are saved.

Yeah I do think that it would be a good idea to have an in-game way to view these. After developing a character for several levels, it's fun going back and seeing what story you've created. It gives the game an added sense of narrative. Kind of like the historical power graphs in DoP, but with the added bonus of 'oh - I remember when that happened! That was so cool!'

jureidinim
10-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Yes an in game viewer would be cool with the wording done up in a story fashion (rather than just a copy of all event text).

I thought of this when i remembered the game Age of wonders. It had a similar thing and the text was done in a slightly exaggerated and comical way, but it was nice after a game to just read through the achievements (and failures) of your race.

You can invest a lot of time in these toons (DC and I am sure Drox) so a "legacy" would be cool - especially for the Hardcore modes (which i am sure Drox will have as well? ) :o

Shadow
10-11-2011, 05:33 PM
especially for the Hardcore modes (which i am sure Drox will have as well? ) :o

Basic hardcore is in there. I haven't gotten around to making it more Drox specific though. I might make things like crew permanently die if you let their health get to 0.

jureidinim
10-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Sounds good.
Crew health going to zero? Makes another good story line.. :)

"Stardate...... Science officer Spock gave his life in the VALIANT LAST STAND DEFENSE (text chosen as ship hull was less than 10% after fight) of Planet X from a marauding <insert Space Critter name>".

I will check those text logs for DC though - thanks for the info.

jureidinim
10-11-2011, 08:02 PM

Hi - this is offtopic a bit - but where are these log files? I am not finding them.

Shadow
10-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi - this is offtopic a bit - but where are these log files? I am not finding them.

Depends on your OS:

Vista/Win7 - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DinsCurse\User\chars\Logs

XP - C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\DinsCurse\User\chars\Logs

Mac - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/DinsCurse/User/chars/Logs

gornova
10-15-2011, 06:01 AM
wow, cool!