PDA

View Full Version : Raid&Destroy

Ender Wiggin
01-10-2008, 03:03 PM
At some poit of playing I left with two opponents, wich pretty frequently raided each other. But not involving me. Once Ive noticed that they declared peace and started hate me. So I decided to strike first. I raided one of them and ofcourse win. But victory go to other covenant... They even were not warring with each other at that time! I suppose this happened becouse other covenant in many raids dealt damage greater than I in this last. I think its not fair...

Delve
01-10-2008, 03:39 PM
It makes sense to me.

If you saw two people fighting and the fight got broken up after one person got his arm broken, then some other person came by and (for no apparent reason :) ) knocked the guy with the broken arm out cold in another fight, who would *you* give more credit to?

Shadow
01-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah, that's basically what happened. There were 2 things working in your favor though, although they didn't help you enough. The damage totals decay over time, so newer damage is worth more. Also you get a decent bonus if you are currently raiding the covenant when it is destroyed.

SamMcMackin
01-10-2008, 03:51 PM
It seems like victory goes to the person/covenant that actually killed the lifestone, however fair or unfair that is, it is what I have noticed most of the time.

I have brought a lifestone down to nearly dead and some tiny puny group comes in and just happens to get the final blow. Well needless to say I went over to him and completely destroyed everything he ever loved!!! :mad:

My guess is that someone from the other covenant shot some magic bolt or had gut or fire or something of that nature on the lifestone and just happened to kill it. But don't give up, now go kill those dirty thieves for taking what you deserve! :cool:

ShaggyMoose
01-11-2008, 09:59 PM
It seems like victory goes to the person/covenant that actually killed the lifestone, however fair or unfair that is, it is what I have noticed most of the time.
Strange, I rarely see that. Usually its whoever has been beating on the lifestone longer. Thatīs pretty much confirmed by Steven in this (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364) thread.

Delve
01-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Here's a related question. What rate does the damage credit decrease at?

Say my ally does 5000 points of damage to the lifestone, about how long would it take to reduce to 1000? Does damage credit reduce faster than the lifestone recovers?

Shadow
01-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Currently it degrades by 3.5 per second or 210 per minute. So in your example it would take a little less then 20 minutes to degrade that much.

The lifestone recovery and the damage credit aren't really comparable. The damage credit stuff are exact numbers where the lifestone recovery heals based on a percent.

Delve
01-12-2008, 03:41 PM
So a lifestone with greater max health will recover faster? Hmmm. Yet another diplomatic strategy wrinkle.

Shadow
01-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Depends on how you look at it. A lifestone with 400 max health will go from 50% to 100% in the same time as a lifestone with 2000 max health. So percent wise they regenerate at the same speed, but the lifestone with more health will be regenerating more health during this time.

It does it this way so when you have a full covenant and everyone is level 75, it doesn't take days to regen. :)

(name here)
01-12-2008, 05:00 PM
actually, i recall that lifestone regen is the same as the highest regen in the convent. also, i've often seen this: convent A raids convent B. i raid&kill convent
A. convent B gets the credit.

Malrak
07-30-2008, 04:10 PM
actually, i recall that lifestone regen is the same as the highest regen in the convent. also, i've often seen this: convent A raids convent B. i raid&kill convent
A. convent B gets the credit.

Same here, very frustrating. I just attacked a Convent (A) that was raiding Convent B...but Convent B got the credit for me killing Convent A. Convent B wasn't even in the house of Convent A.

Shadow
07-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Each covenant gets credit for how much damage they do to a covenant and who ever does the most damage gets the credit for the kill. You do get a bonus for actively raiding them, but it sounds like the other covenant just did a lot more damage to them (even if it was just from defending themselves).