PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion on bartering

StealthBunny
01-11-2008, 10:43 AM
When covenants make an offer, it would be really cool to be able to make a counter offer, like you can change thinks in the Make A Trade/Trade Items feature. There are many times when they make an offer that I'd like, but not at their prices. I hate to reject it and would just like to tweek it a bit, rather than reject, go out and reoffer, and by that time, they're huffy and don't wanna.

(I love that they have their own personalities, by the way. I quite often forget I'm not playing against real people!)

SamMcMackin
01-11-2008, 10:58 AM
I love that they have their own personalities, by the way. I quite often forget I'm not playing against real people!

That is so true. :D

When covenants do offer you an item it is always overpriced. It would be nice that sometimes they would offer the item closer to the selling price rather than the retail price. :p

StealthBunny
01-11-2008, 11:32 AM
True, but I was also thinking (for example) when someone offers a trade route plus x amount of crystals and y amount of influence. You want that route, but don't want to pay that amount, and would like to make a counter offer.

SamMcMackin
01-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Yup, they usually want way too much. Most of the time I just reject it and then offer them a new deal much lower, and they agree with it. ;)

StealthBunny
01-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Yup, they usually want way too much. Most of the time I just reject it and then offer them a new deal much lower, and they agree with it. ;)

Yeah, that's pretty much what I do too, but it would be easier to be able to do it at the original offer.

Plus... I can never remember what the offer was by the time I get around to the reoffer :p

Delve
01-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Offer a trade route then ask what would make the deal work.

Then, slash what they're asking for in half. Personally, I remove any influence from a trade. I'd rather be flat out of crystals (having a stockpile of them doesn't help much in my experience) than give away my ability to earn more crystals.