PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions

SamMcMackin
01-11-2008, 11:32 AM
I have been wanting to change my own covenant members names for a while now so I took a look at where names might be saved and I found a name file called Barbarian City with a ton of different names of cities. In the file you will see this:

Drasill // Main City
Jorvik // Trade City

Do you plan on making more than one town in DoP?

And back on the note of changing covenant members' names, I have a priest named Jarnfastvi and I have looked in the npcsFemale, npcsMale, and a few other of the npc name texts. I found fastvi but no jarn in front, so where would it be located?

Where is the file that tells what color each covenant is, like the Shining Blades being dark blue.

I found ItemPrefix and ItemSuffix and changed doom to DOOM! and death to DEATH! will it show up that way ingame? I have a Relic of Power but power is not on either list, so where would that be?

ok that's all for now, thanks! :)

Shadow
01-11-2008, 12:47 PM
I have been wanting to change my own covenant members names for a while now so I took a look at where names might be saved and I found a name file called Barbarian City with a ton of different names of cities. In the file you will see this:

Drasill // Main City
Jorvik // Trade City

Do you plan on making more than one town in DoP?

No, we just shipped all of the name files that we use for the world. Drasill is another barbarian city. Off hand I'm not sure if it is referenced in any of the stories though.

And back on the note of changing covenant members' names, I have a priest named Jarnfastvi and I have looked in the npcsFemale, npcsMale, and a few other of the npc name texts. I found fastvi but no jarn in front, so where would it be located?

Those are the files that are used, but the random name generator is a little more fancy than just pulling names out of the list. The quick explanation is that it builds random names using the names in those 2 files as a basis and uses the frequency of the letters and their arrangement to create a random name that sounds like other names in the list.

In other words you aren't always going to find an exact match.

Where is the file that tells what color each covenant is, like the Shining Blades being dark blue.

It's the Color fields in the Database/Covenants.gdb file that you want to change. The color needs to match colors that the game recognizes though.

I found ItemPrefix and ItemSuffix and changed doom to DOOM! and death to DEATH! will it show up that way ingame? I have a Relic of Power but power is not on either list, so where would that be?

Well the data for power modifiers is in Database\MagicModifiers\power.gdb but to find the text you would need to find the entry in Loc\English\items.trn. At least you will in version 1.005 and above.

SamMcMackin
01-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Alright, thanks for all that!

One more thing that bugs me. ;)

If I defeat a covenant why can't I steal their relics? They are dead... no one would care! :cool:

Shadow
01-11-2008, 02:30 PM
It's mostly a balance issue.

SamMcMackin
01-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Ok, for colors let's take Sisterhood of Fate for example.
Their color is like this:
Color HotPink
// Color "254 153 247"

Now go to something like photoshop and imput the "254 153 247" and you get their exact color. But how do I know what the name of the color is? As in, what names do I have the ability to choose?

Shadow
01-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Here's all of the color names straight from the code. Just don't include the quotes or commas wherever you use the color name. :)

"White",
"Red",
"Green",
"Blue",
"Grey",
"Yellow",
"Orange",
"Purple",
"Cyan",
"Pink",
"Black",

"AliceBlue",
"AntiqueWhite",
"Aqua",
"Aquamarine",
"Azure",
"Beige",
"Bisque",
"BlancheDalmond",
"BlueViolet",
"Bronze",
"Brown",
"Burlywood",
"CadetBlue",
"Chartreuse",
"Chocolate",
"Copper",
"Coral",
"CornflowerBlue",
"Cornsilk",
"Crimson",
"DarkBlue",
"DarkCyan",
"DarkGoldenrod",
"DarkGreen",
"DarkGrey",
"DarkKhaki",
"DarkMagenta",
"DarkOliveGreen",
"DarkOrange",
"DarkOrchid",
"DarkRed",
"DarkPink",
"DarkPurple",
"DarkSalmon",
"DarkSeaGreen",
"DarkSlateBlue",
"DarkSlateGrey",
"DarkTurquoise",
"DarkViolet",
"DarkYellow",
"DeepPink",
"DeepSkyBlue",
"DimGrey",
"DodgerBlue",
"FireBrick",
"FloralWhite",
"ForestGreen",
"Fuchsia",
"Gainsboro",
"GhostWhite",
"Gold",
"Goldenrod",
"GreenYellow",
"Honeydew",
"HotPink",
"IndianRed",
"Indigo",
"Ivory",
"Khaki",
"Lavender",
"LavenderBlush",
"Lawngreen",
"LemonChiffon",
"LightBlue",
"LightCoral",
"LightCyan",
"LightGoldenrod",
"LightGreen",
"LightGrey",
"LightPink",
"LightSalmon",
"LightSeaGreen",
"LightSkyBlue",
"LightSlateGrey",
"LightSteelBlue",
"LightYellow",
"Lime",
"LimeGreen",
"Linen",
"Magenta",
"Maroon",
"MediumAquamarine",
"MediumBlue",
"MediumOrchid",
"MediumPurple",
"MediumSeaGreen",
"MediumSlateBlue",
"MediumSpringGreen",
"MediumTurquoise",
"MediumVioletRed",
"MidnightBlue",
"MintCream",
"MistyRose",
"Moccasin",
"NavajoWhite",
"Navy",
"OldLace",
"OliveDrab",
"OrangeRed",
"Orchid",
"PaleGoldenrod",
"PaleGreen",
"PaleTurquoise",
"PaleVioletRed",
"PapayaWhip",
"PeachPuff",
"Peru",
"Plum",
"PowderBlue",
"RosyBrown",
"RoyalBlue",
"SaddleBrown",
"Salmon",
"SandyBrown",
"SeaGreen",
"SeaShell",
"Sienna",
"Silver",
"SkyBlue",
"SlateBlue",
"Snow",
"SpringGreen",
"SteelBlue",
"Tan",
"Teal",
"Thistle",
"Tomato",
"Turquoise",
"Violet",
"Wheat",
"Whitesmoke",
"YellowGreen",

"GreenRelationLike",
"OrangeRelationDislike",

"LightPurple"

SamMcMackin
01-11-2008, 08:47 PM
If anyone else is interested in this go to this website:

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_color_tryit.asp?color=Black

It shows you what each and ever color he just said looks like. :D

And thanks Shadow, you have been a big help!

SamMcMackin
01-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Thru a big mistake I made, somehow I deleted my teleport stone. So I would like to make a new char and trade it to my main guy. As you know there are two items you can not trade, the teleport stone and your main backpack. So how do I go about undoing the trade restrictions? Should I turn the "BaseOnly 1" to a "BaseOnly 0"?
Thanks ;)

StealthBunny
01-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Thru a big mistake I made, somehow I deleted my teleport stone. So I would like to make a new char and trade it to my main guy. As you know there are two items you can not trade, the teleport stone and your main backpack. So how do I go about undoing the trade restrictions? Should I turn the "BaseOnly 1" to a "BaseOnly 0"?
Thanks ;)

Wow! That's even worse than me somehow selling the 107 leather tunic my character was WEARING.

I don't feel quite as ... bad... now. And you actually UNDERSTAND this stuff. :p

SamMcMackin
01-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Haha! yea.. well I got one now, and what I said was true, just turn baseonly to 0 and you can trade them. :D awesome! I was so scared for a while...

On a side note I changed how npcs that need to be rescued are announced. I am sure you all have seen "Blarko needs to be rescued." pop up some times telling you a new quest is ready. Well mine says:

"The n00b blarko was a complete fool and got himself lost somewhere...
Now he thinks you should rescue him... what a jerk!"

Delve
01-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Hmmm. All the backpacks you can carry... Hmmm. I probably shouldn't be told these things. ;)

SamMcMackin
01-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Haha true. I also changed the main backpack from 12 spaces to 16, which is the maxed allowed by the game, 18 and 20 makes the bag unopenable.

Then I made it so my warrior has dagger mastery and can wear capes...

Thank you so much Shadow for making this game so easy to mod! :D :cool: ;)

Delve
01-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Okay, that's rather excessive. :)

Though, I may try and tweak the treasure drops so I can have more gold to throw at the other covenants. :P

SamMcMackin
01-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Some other stuff I have done is made the lifestone heal you more than 6% and it also fills up your rage as a warrior... bwahaha!

Also my rage doesn't go down over time it just stays still. I tried having whirlwind have 0 cool down time.. that was fun. and I tried having my two handed axe go from speed 1.58 down to .50... so fast!

In the file that tells what each character stats are and what each point of str/dex/vit etc does for the characters, Shadow had it set up that each point of spirit gives you 1.0 hp regen, But then he commented it out, I think it is a good idea so I put it back in. :p

Shadow
01-12-2008, 04:28 PM
No, don't change the BaseOnly stuff.

To be able to trade a teleport stone. Go into Database/Items/other.gdb and change NoDrop to 0.

SamMcMackin
01-12-2008, 04:34 PM
ok I had changed both to 0. :)

StealthBunny
01-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Hmmm. All the backpacks you can carry... Hmmm. I probably shouldn't be told these things. ;)

Waitwaitwait, say what? :eek:

Shadow
01-12-2008, 04:46 PM
"The n00b blarko was a complete fool and got himself lost somewhere...
Now he thinks you should rescue him... what a jerk!"

That's great. :)

Delve
01-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Mod the game so backpacks are tradable. Make 3 throwaway characters and dump their starter backpacks in the shared stash. Transfer the packs to a character you want to keep.

Not that I'm endorsing the idea you understand, but that's the absolute first thing my brain came up with when Sam said he figured out how to make it tradable.

StealthBunny
01-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Mod the game so backpacks are tradable. Make 3 throwaway characters and dump their starter backpacks in the shared stash. Transfer the packs to a character you want to keep.

Not that I'm endorsing the idea you understand, but that's the absolute first thing my brain came up with when Sam said he figured out how to make it tradable.

Ah, ok. I was trying to figure out how I could apply that to The Treasurer so she could open packs beyond her level.

Not that I care for my main character... I'd like to play her without bending rules. But The Treasurer is just more like a NPC to me, like an additional party stash, and I don't care about breaking the rules for her :rolleyes:

Shadow
01-12-2008, 05:05 PM
BaseOnly usually means don't spawn this or use this entry directly.

intenex
01-13-2008, 07:30 PM

Or, alternatively, you could just mod pouches to hold 16 >_>...

Delve
01-14-2008, 03:59 AM
Yeah, but that would be too obvious and easy.

Delve
01-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Ah, ok. I was trying to figure out how I could apply that to The Treasurer so she could open packs beyond her level.

You might be able to hex edit your treasurer's character file to change her level. There's a thread about editing your character file somewhere. Not the most user friendly thing to do, but possibly the fastest if you can find the right byte to mess with. Though really, I'd just level her up until she can use the largest container you've found then carry on with Bunny until you start getting bigger bags.

StealthBunny
01-14-2008, 09:45 AM
You might be able to hex edit your treasurer's character file to change her level. There's a thread about editing your character file somewhere. Not the most user friendly thing to do, but possibly the fastest if you can find the right byte to mess with. Though really, I'd just level her up until she can use the largest container you've found then carry on with Bunny until you start getting bigger bags.

Actually (giggles) what we REALLY need are .... VAULTS! Yes VAULTS! Vaults which can hold CHESTS! Lots and lots of CHESTS! Inside a SECRET GATE! One gate/vault per covenant. Perfect! Mwahahaha!

Problem solved. :D

SamMcMackin
01-14-2008, 10:28 AM
umm... ok. I'm not sure I know how to mod that into the game. :p

SamMcMackin
01-14-2008, 07:40 PM
// Sounds

LightningCheckTime 1.0
BaseLightningChance 0.1
MaxLightningIntensity 1.0

LightningString "alzzoozzoozzoozzoozzoozzzupkfa"

MaxThunderTime 3.0
}

Shadow, can you explain what "alzzoozzoozzoozzoozzoozzzupkfa" means?

I modded my game so that identifying items at the shops is free and opening chests happens MUCH quicker, yaay! ;)

Shadow
01-14-2008, 07:48 PM
That string is used to control the intensity of the lightning flash over time. a would be no extra light and z would be max extra light. So with the current setting it ramps up pretty quick, oscillates a bit, and then ramps back down.

SamMcMackin
01-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Wow! Here I thought it was just some funny word you typed and hid in the programming. :D

StealthBunny
01-14-2008, 08:58 PM
I figured it was a sound effect.

I hang out with waaay too many comic writers and artists....

SamMcMackin
01-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Shadow, lets say I want to create a new type of of monster with the death knight archetype.

MonsterDeathKnight6
{
Base BaseMonster

Archetype ArchetypeDeathKnight

Name "War Machine"

Level 50

SkinName Models/creatures/DeathKnight/apocalypseKnight.skn
}

How do I tell on what map the game will spawn them?

(name here)
01-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Wherever it will spawn death knights, i guess.

Shadow
01-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Well world.gdb controls where Death Knights in general can spawn, but it's probably anywhere. After that it is mostly level based. You might actually have a problem there since you have the level set to 50. The level is the level in normal difficulty only, champion will automatically add 25 to that, so you're never going to have a zone that can spawn that level of a monster. Lower it to less than 30 and you will probably be fine.