PDA

View Full Version : Settings - what have I done wrong THIS time?

StealthBunny
01-11-2008, 12:27 PM
The little news flash box on the bottom left, which is usually only about two or three lines high is suddenly several INCHES high, and is staying black and fully opaque even when there's no text. Arrowing or using the little delete X isn't helping. What have I changed that needs to be changed back? It's driving me crazy, especially in battles, 'cause I can't see what's going on there!:confused:

Shadow
01-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Well there are a couple possibilities. The event system has gotten confused and is trying to show too many event messages than it should or the user var ui_maxTextEventsShown has been changed to something really big.

ui_maxTextEventsShown is usually set to 10. You can change this by pulling down the console with the ~ key and then typing in ui_maxTextEventsShown 10 and hitting enter.

If that doesn't help: when you start a new game the event text gets reset so it will probably be fine then. In the meantime you could set ui_maxTextEventsShown to something smaller like 4 and that will at least limit the area it covers.

StealthBunny
01-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Actually, starting a new game did it, but this is good to know in case it happens again.