PDA

View Full Version : *head*desk*

StealthBunny
01-11-2008, 12:49 PM
I have a full set of Mudbeard's items.

And no character to wear them. :p

Delilah Rehm
01-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Wow!!! That is so cool! Now you'll have to start a warrior!

StealthBunny
01-11-2008, 03:55 PM

It's bad enough that I'm trying to run a priest (badly) to set up The Treasurer to "guard" my pretties for my main character. It's driving me crazy because I really don't want to be running a priest. I want to get back to my rogue.

I miss stealth and smokescreen and all those other neat tricks!

Taleana
01-12-2008, 02:03 PM

:D I'd make a warrior....if each class were represented by both genders. At the moment, I only play Rogues and Priests. I prefer to play as my own gender..I know I'm crazy..:eek: (It's the same reason my boyfriend won't play a rogue)

I love the game, and I definitely love finding my 'shinies', but I'd love to be able to feed my 'Alt-addiction at the same time! :rolleyes:

Great work, Stealthbunny, I still haven't found a complete set yet. *hugs*

~Tal

StealthBunny
01-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I have some of the same issues. I like playing my own gender.

The Treasurer's covenant is currently all female. Two priests and the rest are all rogues. Just to be stubborn.

Taleana
01-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Stubborn isn't always bad!! I hadn't thought of doing that...I don't mind the males tagging along after me...but I do like having a pair of rogues together. Things die VERY quickly.

StealthBunny
01-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Yay for the rogues! For a while there, this forum seemed so... warrior-heavy. I dearly love playing my rogue, and but I'm determined to get The Treasurer up to lvl 27 so her stash can hold a goodly amount. Then I can transfer StealthBunny's extra pretties over to The Treasurer's stash for safe keeping. And THEN, back to running StealthBunny again.

Delve
01-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Hmmm. You two are giving me the urge to let my poor denied rogue recruit out for a walk. I usually let the nigh-indestructable warrior do the tanking for my fragile priest skin, but I sometimes wonder if retooling as a tank would work better for me. Let a rogue or a mage do the dishing.

Shadow
01-12-2008, 04:32 PM
While I would have liked to have all of the characters available as both genders, this is exactly why there is 2 male and 2 female characters and that each gender has 1 melee and 1 ranged/magic character. Not wanting to play the opposite gender is fairly common.

(name here)
01-12-2008, 04:53 PM
maybe i've been conditioned by playing RTSs alot, but i don't really care what character genders are.

Delilah Rehm
01-14-2008, 10:02 AM
I like playing same gender too. In the WOW beta, I played a female warrior. :) So I'm not against warriors. Then when WOW came out, I played a female priest. (Not currently playing WOW. To many group things and not enough single or double player quests.)

Also, I tend to be a defensive player. I'm not fond of dying. If I had to pick the classes in order of most likely to least likely, it'd be: priest, warrior, rogue, mage. I don't know why, but I'm not fond of playing mages. They just seem so weak!

Delve
01-14-2008, 11:21 AM
I like playing mages. I get to pretend to be all mystical and unfathomable and the like. Sadly, I get to die a lot as well.

Oh yes, and I don't really care what gender my avatar is unless I'm going to be presenting the persona to real people.

Delilah Rehm
01-14-2008, 12:03 PM
I like playing mages. I get to pretend to be all mystical and unfathomable and the like. Sadly, I get to die a lot as well.

Oh yes, and I don't really care what gender my avatar is unless I'm going to be presenting the persona to real people.

Yes, the dying part. I don't care for it. Mages are such a paradox of weak and powerful. They are fun to read about, but I prefer playing characters who have an easier time living.

Taleana
01-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Yes, the dying part. I don't care for it. Mages are such a paradox of weak and powerful. They are fun to read about, but I prefer playing characters who have an easier time living.

I used to love Rogue/Ranger/Thief/Magic types...and then a little game called Guild Wars came out and I for some INSANE reason made a female warrior and I've been hooked on the tank type ever since.

Sadly, it seems any avatar I pick is graced with what I call...Tal's curse. That character will die...MANY MANY times...actually, I think I spend more time dead than I do alive. In every game I play. I'm gonna go hide in the corner now... *hangs head and shuffles off*

SamMcMackin
01-14-2008, 08:32 PM
I like to create the thief/rogue/assassin types in games (I LOVE to attack FAST!), but most of the time the warrior/knight is usually stronger/better. :(

Delve
01-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Ever played Thief?

SamMcMackin
01-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Not in this game... yet ;)

Taleana
01-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Delve--

If you're referring to the game Thief...I've played Thief III....and abandoned it when I made it to Shalebridge Cradle. That left me curled up in a ball crying, I literally begged not to have to play that game. Talk about scary...I'll take my chances with Alma in FEAR anyday.

Delve
01-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I was referring to the Thief trilogy. However, Thief III is a bastard stepchild of a game, and IMO not worthy of being included in the series.

Try the first or second. The third is garbage and breaks a large number of the conventions of the first two games that were integral to the experience.

And yeah, Shalebridge has a well developed atmosphere and the level designer should be lauded for it. But even so it's so very much not in keeping with the previously constructed game world that it still bites.

Taleana
01-16-2008, 08:02 PM
I've dabbled with the second game in the series...but as a rule, when I'm playing a single-player game...I stink at stealth. I didn't even get through the tutorial for Deus Ex.... seriously.

So I can't form an opinion on the third one since that's the only one I ever really made *some* progress in. I also came to the game a wee bit late. I played the third one first. I've been spoiled by all the new technologies in games...mousewheel support being one.

Anywho, I'll stop now so you can all make fun of me for failing a tutorial....:p

Kruztee
01-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Anywho, I'll stop now so you can all make fun of me for failing a tutorial....:p

*points at Taleana and laughs like Nelson*
Ha Ha!:D

Taleana
01-16-2008, 09:08 PM
LOL!! I love it, I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I loaded this page :)