PDA

View Full Version : First Drox Operative screenshots

Shadow
10-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Today we posted the first 5 screenshots of Drox Operative (http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Screenshots.html).

getter77
10-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Spiffy looking---I especially like the way glowing seems to be intentioned with weaponry and such.

Warfran
10-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Looks better than I thought it would, the colors are very vibrant.

Bluddy
10-27-2011, 05:50 PM
I've been looking forward to this.

Hey! I know that lightning strike! :)

Castruccio
10-27-2011, 06:10 PM
These look great. Also, the logo is way better than the logos for previous games. You might add it beside the front page Drox Operative link.

Bluddy
10-27-2011, 06:55 PM
These look great. Also, the logo is way better than the logos for previous games. You might add it beside the front page Drox Operative link.

I like the DoP and Kivi logos! DC though is kinda oddly laid out and uses a funky font.

I would have liked to see more done with the "Drox" part. It's supposed to be an ancient guild or something, right? So it could glow with power and secrecy, or maybe have lightning zapping across the letters. Right now it feels like something out of 80s sci-fi -- perhaps a little too generic and clean.

Anyway, the logo doesn't matter that much. The game looks great.

PixelLord
10-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I've been looking forward to this.

That lightning will be replaced, of course! :)

Bluddy
10-27-2011, 07:08 PM
That lightning will be replaced, of course! :)

Ooh. That made me think of an idea! How about placing mini easter eggs that refer to the other games? Like a planet could have a statue of Din or something from the DoP lore. Or a really nasty ship could be called the chaos lord.

all_zebest
10-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Ooh. That made me think of an idea! How about placing mini easter eggs that refer to the other games? Like a planet could have a statue of Din or something from the DoP lore. Or a really nasty ship could be called the chaos lord.
I agree ! Very good idea ! Maybe a lumen race ?

And the screenshots are better than expected. Very good !

gornova
10-28-2011, 05:10 AM
+1 for easter egg

Screenshots is really good, I don't like lighthing too much :(

Ship design is good, there will be more bigger ship, right?

Shadow
10-28-2011, 11:53 AM

The lightning is from a lightning cannon weapon but the effect probably will change.

There will be bigger ships. Actually I bumped up the size of all of the ships yesterday after we released the screenshots.

Hunter42
10-28-2011, 02:13 PM
The lightning is from a lightning cannon weapon but the effect probably will change.

There will be bigger ships. Actually I bumped up the size of all of the ships yesterday after we released the screenshots.

Maybe I missed it, but will it be first person or third person, i.e. will I be able to sit in a cockpit ?

Michael

Shadow
10-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Maybe I missed it, but will it be first person or third person, i.e. will I be able to sit in a cockpit ?

It's an isometric view point, similar to our previous games.

Amberjoy
10-28-2011, 04:10 PM
I liked the screen shots but was disappointed not to see a planet pic. Looking good so far.:)

udm
10-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Looks great. At least it doesn't look as stale as Din's. Here's to hoping for pretty good atmosphere like in Space Rangers 2 :). Oh, you know, moving stars, asteroids, multiple background layers etc :P

Valgor
10-29-2011, 08:14 AM
This all looks very promising.
Maybe the only thing I'd have to complain about at this point is the small size of the star and planet in the third screenshot.
I know you can't possibly depict them at a somewhat realistic scale for a good number of reasons, but I think they could be made a lot larger still.

Roswitha
10-29-2011, 01:08 PM

I like that one. Maybe have Din's voice as an easter egg.

PixelLord
10-29-2011, 09:25 PM
+1 for easter egg

Screenshots is really good, I don't like lighthing too much :(

There will be no lightning (well not that lightning); just beams, ballistics, and missiles (and I'm sure a several other things).

There will be plenty of different ships (ships galore!!)

PixelLord
10-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Looks great. At least it doesn't look as stale as Din's. Here's to hoping for pretty good atmosphere like in Space Rangers 2 :). Oh, you know, moving stars, asteroids, multiple background layers etc :P

Yes, all that is there. There is a pretty nice feeling of depth. As it is a space setting, it looks best in a dimmer room, of course.

udm
10-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Very nice to hear that :)

Shadow
10-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Maybe the only thing I'd have to complain about at this point is the small size of the star and planet in the third screenshot.
I know you can't possibly depict them at a somewhat realistic scale for a good number of reasons, but I think they could be made a lot larger still.

I think that was actually either a tiny or small planet so there are larger planets. Although it is still possible that we will make them larger in general.

There are already a lot of things like this going on and we aren't done yet.

udm
11-05-2011, 04:37 PM
That sounds really sweet. I haven't been this excited for a Soldak game since I first read about Depths.

DeathKnight1728
11-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Shadow, will you be posting the attributes/classes/races etc. soon?

Shadow
11-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Shadow, will you be posting the attributes/classes/races etc. soon?

I think I've already mentioned all of the attributes before (Tactical, Helm, Structural, Engineering, Computers, and Command).

We will probably start announcing races soon.

There aren't any classes right now.