PDA

View Full Version : Buried Treasure question

kerzain
10-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Often I'll be running though town and see a 'Buried Treasure' in the ground before me. When I click the name I am told "Path Blocked". Is there a way to dig these treasures up, or are they only accessible if I locate a map for them somewhere in the world?

Shadow
10-31-2011, 05:06 PM
Buried treasure is related to treasure maps. I'm not sure why you would get the path blocked message unless it really is on the other side of a wall or something similar.

kerzain
10-31-2011, 05:12 PM
Sometimes they're just right out in the open, no walls or other obstacles around. Next time I see one I can post a screenshot if you'd like. If it's unintended that's all I needed to know. I have absolutely zero expectations that this is something over which you're going to patch a four year old game. It isn't game-breaking at all, just had me wondering what the deal was.

There is something else odd that happens too, which also has no direct impact on gameplay at all.

Sometimes, out in the middle of nowhere (or in a dungeon), there will be three green health bars sitting right next to each other. Nothing can be targeted there, and nothing I do seems to affect or interact with the health bars (or any hidden objects/monsters the might represent). I'm guessing this is unintended, but I was curious if it means something I'm not grasping.

I'm playing the latest Impulse version (bought it a long time ago), 1.018 or something.

Domitian
11-01-2011, 03:41 PM
I can confirm the same two items.

1) First "Buried Treasure" shows up in odd places if you hold down ALT (my most recent game that i just finished had a buried treasure just behind a competiting covenants house). I never had this issue until i found my first map and it may be related to #2 (in that the location corresponds to the location of the actual buried treasure on the correct map/location).

2) Green health bars showing up in maps. These bars show up in every map and correspond to the location of my companions who were left home. So, for example, my house is in the bottom right of the city map and my companion's health bars show up in the corresponding bottom right of all the other maps in the game. IIRC i can also see their names if i hit CTRL.

Let me know if you need more info or screen caps.

Great game, would love to see DoP2.

-Dom

kerzain
11-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Yea, I started to suspect the companion health bar thing, because when I got 5 companions I started randomly getting 5 health bars. Not a gamebreaker at all, was just confused at first.

Shadow
11-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Hmm, can you guys find a spot that is showing problems and then turn off perspective mode in the graphics options and see if the problem goes away?

kerzain
11-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Hmm, can you guys find a spot that is showing problems and then turn off perspective mode in the graphics options and see if the problem goes away?

It's random, so I'm not sure when I'll see it again. When that happens though I'll switch it off and on and snap a few screenshots.

kerzain
11-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Turning off 'perspective mode' did solve the health bar issue. I haven't run across the treasure problem recently though.

Here's a picture of what it looks like when it's occurring. When I turn off perspective mode they're gone. And when I go back to my hut the health bars out in the field do match the configuration of my companions.

http://i.imgur.com/ibFpO.jpg

kerzain
11-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Okay, just found one of those buried treasures too, out in the desert. The label for it also dissapears when perspective mode is disabled.

Shadow
11-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Ok, that pretty much confirms that the perspective stuff is the issue. That actually makes sense because that is a relatively new feature.

Domitian
11-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Beat me to it. But, yes, definitely perspective and definitely both related to the relative position of the NPCs/map on whatever map it should appear on.

Shadow
11-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks guys, I'll have to fix that in the next patch.