PDA

View Full Version : Hot new recruits

Delve
01-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Don't I feel lucky. I actually found this guy at level 1, but didn't think to take a screenshot until he'd gained a level. He's first recruit in my new rogue's covenant. Has anyone else found any particularly good recruits they'd like to show off?

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2905/doprecruitue9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Shadow
01-12-2008, 01:27 PM
That is a pretty lucky find.

Desticato
01-12-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm still on my original character--just hit level 50--but here are two recruits that I was fortunate enough to recently stumble upon in the wild! I nearly broke my wrist kicking the previous, inferior members from my covenant to make room for these triple-bonused beauties:

Gudfinna / Jofrid

When I first invited Gudfinna into my ranks I had no idea how much of an asset she would be. I recall her joining the covenant at around level 38. Her blade is lethal, and she kills most normal monsters with a single swing. I'm embarrassed to admit that she now takes out nearly all of my quest bosses for me, including storyline ones. She's become a bit of a crutch, but I absolutely love how quickly we can clear out a zone, so I'm reticent to spread the love among my other covenant members.

I'm preparing to end my current 'world' and start again on the next difficulty level. I suspect that ol' Guddy will be my constant companion for the foreseeable future. That is, until I find an equally talented rogue with four bonus attributes! She gets extra points if she also makes a mean bowl of mutton.

Delve
01-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Stoneskin is good stuff. My priest has a warrior that tanks for me with stoneskin, makes keeping him healed MUCH easier. What's that second bonus on your rogue though?

FloodSpectre
01-12-2008, 05:16 PM
I recently recruited a lvl 10 Rogue with Minor Defender, Minor Vitality and Minor Cold Resist, which was the first time I've ever seen more than one bonus, let alone one with as many effects as Minor Defender.

Desticato
01-12-2008, 06:06 PM
What's that second bonus on your rogue though?

I actually had to go back and check. It's Extra Strength (+25 to Strength). Not the best attribute for a rogue, necessarily, but I'll take all of the damage my recruits can provide! Every little bit helps.

Delve
01-12-2008, 06:10 PM
To be honest reduced attack time is about useless for a mage. But extra vitality and fire resistance are nothing to sneeze at for any class. :)