PDA

View Full Version : slightly annoying common occurances

(name here)
01-12-2008, 04:28 PM
two in particular.

1. sometimes, a whole lot of boss monsters are all in one zone, and it's nearly impossible to get anything done there, and since they tend to be level appropriate zones, it's hard to level up to beat them.
2. often, there is a sort of cold war situation between you and another convent. neither of you is strong enough to crush the other, so you are pretty much stuck at home because of the fact that it's both fairly dangerous to walk around the town, and because if you leave, you will be weak enough to be attacked. I've gotten this most often vs. the shining blades, but i imagine an aggressive convent could cause much the same problem. also, the situation in the town gets perpetually worse as you are unable to solve any of the problems.

StealthBunny
01-12-2008, 04:33 PM
As for #2, I'm watching that between two other covenants, beating each other and getting nowhere.

I'm staying far away from that one. Getting a lot of quests done because of it.

But over in Amber Plains, I have two groups of monsters, with three or four each, plus one on his own trolling for more, and I'm scared to go there. Very scared.

Delve
01-12-2008, 04:34 PM
For point 2, if you've got a friendly covenant or two you can try to sic them on your opponent. Also, as the global environment becomes more unstable you might be able to lead some town attackers to their house and gate out.

What I hate is having allies declare war on each other. Anybody know of a decent way to force the other covenants to play nice with each other?

(name here)
01-12-2008, 04:47 PM
For point 2, if you've got a friendly covenant or two you can try to sic them on your opponent. Also, as the global environment becomes more unstable you might be able to lead some town attackers to their house and gate out.

What I hate is having allies declare war on each other. Anybody know of a decent way to force the other covenants to play nice with each other?

i've tried siccing allied convents on them. these situations tend to arise at the end, when you and one other convent are locked in battle. haven't yet had a town attack before i finally managed to lure an elite river sariaun mage to there house/kill off the guards and smash them to bits/ level up enough to win by getting alot of guards.

if you have good enough relations with them, you can get them to sign a peace treaty with a hefty bribe. i think their relationships will be raised over time by the fact that they are both allied to you.

Delve
01-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Relations between AI covs seem to degrade consistently over time regardless of thier relations with me. In my last game two of my 3 allied covenants went at it.

Every time I try and make peace, I get one covenant to agree but the other *immediately* declares war again. Which now that I think about it might be a bug. The peace treaty between 2 AI covenants only seems to raise the "like factor" for the single covenant I'm dealing with. The other covenant stays at hate and declares war again. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

(name here)
01-12-2008, 04:56 PM
it should be fixed by ordering the new antagonist to make peace. still a bug.

Delve
01-12-2008, 04:59 PM
As soon as war is declared both covenants drop to 20 or 30. You'd have to raise both simultaneously. Unless there's something I don't know you can't do that currently because you can only trade with one covenant at a time.

As soon as you convince one to offer a peace treaty the other declares war and you're back where you started.

StealthBunny
01-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Or the other refuses the peace treaty. I get that quite often, too.

Bak
02-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Two covenants started fighting, so I declared war (for influence/crystals). When I stepped through the "raid" gate to assist the already-raiding covenant, I got a message stating that I just declared war on my "ally". WTF? I did no such thing! (And it shot my 60 friendly influence to hell...)

I haven't figured out what triggers "me" spontaneously declaring war, beyond stepping through the raid gate when my ally is raiding the same covenant.

Shadow
02-02-2009, 10:12 AM
My guess is that your friend had a mutual protection pact or alliance with the covenant you raided.

Bak
02-02-2009, 11:41 AM
My guess is that your friend had a mutual protection pact or alliance with the covenant you raided.

Not in this case, unless there was a last moment treaty that wasn't announced. I can understand if Defenders of Virtue warred on me, but not why the game says I declared war on DoV. I have edited down the log messages:

Monster Slayers is raiding Raid & Pillage
d'Arcs declares War on Raid & Pillage <-- Asked for influence from MS
+7.8 relation (Monster Slayers)
d'Arcs is raiding Raid & Pillage
Defenders of Virtue is raiding Raid & Pillage
Monster Slayers declares War on Defenders of Virtue
Monster Slayers has stopped raiding Raid & Pillage
+0.4 relation (Monster Slayers) <-- Doing damage at R&P
+0.5 relation (Defenders of Virtue)
Defenders of Virtue covenant's life stone is threatened
d'Arcs declares War on Defenders of Virtue <-- Huh? :eek:
Defenders of Virtue and d'Arcs declare peace <-- I immediately offer peace
+1.4 relation (Defenders of Virtue)
d'Arcs declares War on Defenders of Virtue <-- Happened again!!
Defenders of Virtue and d'Arcs declare peace
+1.5 relation (Defenders of Virtue)

During this whole time, I am raiding Raid & Pillage. I didn't have any pacts with DoV, they were attacking for their own reasons. This character is on "loner" setting, so I needed to make frequent trips through the raid gate to heal at home. Both "declarations" happened after stepping through the gate to the Raid & Pillage home.

Shadow
02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Ok, that does sound weird. I'll look into it.

Shadow
02-13-2009, 06:46 PM
I believe this is fixed in version 1.014.