PDA

View Full Version : Next patch requests

Bluddy
11-08-2011, 03:43 PM
I figured I'd put my requests for the next patch over here, because right now they're all over the place, and also there are some requests I've made that I've since changed my mind about. Any request I've made that's not here can be safely ignored :) Of course, I'm not expecting any of these -- they are only requests.

1. An option to make multipliers that use regular negative multipliers (1+%) rather than the 1/(1-%) formula. I explained the reasoning in the other thread: negative multiplier skills are just not worth investing in compared to positive multiplier skills. A keyword like 'DirectMult' analogous to 'Mult' would indicate that this is requested. StatMultAttack -0.5 reduces by only -0.33. StatDirectMultAttack -0.5 would actually reduce the stat by 50%.

2. A way to make 'StandStillToCast 1' work on the regular attack skills. I don't like that archers have the ability to move while attacking, unlike magicians. It gives them a huge advantage, doesn't animate well, and creates a massive disparity between people who attack with the keyboard and those who attack with mouse clicks.

3. Making the keyword 'Immunity' work in status effects/enhancements, both for monsters and the PC. Right now it seems to only work when applied directly.

4. This one's for the benefit of the game as a whole -- implementing the happiness/money effects on NPCs as status effects rather than having them just happen in the background. This would include marriage bliss, anger from spouse flirting, depression from gambling, happiness from prayer etc.

5. 'RemoveOnOutOfPower 1' for status effects that consume mana on a constant basis. They should run out when mana is empty.

Hopefully none of these is too much work. Any of them would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

kerzain
11-08-2011, 04:21 PM
I want the right-click spell/skill icon (in mouse-wheel scroll thing) to stop flickering at a mad pace when moving about a dungeon (it's as if I am gaining and losing a target at rapid speed). The target window also does this, and makes me thankful I'm not epileptic.

I'm not sure, but I think it's happening if there's a monster off-screen who's chasing me, or perhaps if I'm moving around while I'm dotted and the casting creature is still alive somewhere. I haven't figured out specifics, but it is very distracting.

SaturnGirl
11-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Giant monsters :mad: There are some glass cannon builds which I like playing, suicidal as it is. Kiting is important since I can't let the monsters get close. This works well except for giants. With giants, they cover the entire screen. I am not saying no giant monsters. They are a great challenge. But I can't kite around them, because the cursor points to 'attack' for the entire screen. I can't even run back the way I came!
:D Yellow-bellied option to run from giants, please?

wasp3
11-09-2011, 06:28 AM
-spells as Kodiak, Stalker, traps and other similar make red if reuse time begin to easier see when they are ready, possible with mod ?

-Multishot (Archer) make fire 3 low damage arrows different random direction forward at a lesser angle, it would have made them popular :rolleyes:

-Freezing Trap, Immolation Trap, Net Trap (Hunter) increase the reuse time and mana cost, make them just drop on the floor instead of throw

Bluddy
01-16-2012, 03:23 PM
I updated the first post in this thread to remove requests that are no longer relevant (I found that there's a way to change the VIT lost per death in semihardcore, and I've found a way to do door-closing animations) and to add newer requests.

alstein
01-17-2012, 05:51 AM
Why does demonolgist path require a sword for a skill when the class doesn't have sword as a skill? Shouldn't it require a dagger instead?

Bluddy
01-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Why does demonolgist path require a sword for a skill when the class doesn't have sword as a skill? Shouldn't it require a dagger instead?

I assume this was meant to be in my mod thread. Thanks for noticing -- it'll be fixed in the next version.

Bluddy
07-27-2012, 09:19 AM
I figured I'd put my requests for the next patch over here, because right now they're all over the place, and also there are some requests I've made that I've since changed my mind about. Any request I've made that's not here can be safely ignored :) Of course, I'm not expecting any of these -- they are only requests.

1. An option to make multipliers that use regular negative multipliers (1+%) rather than the 1/(1-%) formula. I explained the reasoning in the other thread: negative multiplier skills are just not worth investing in compared to positive multiplier skills. A keyword like 'DirectMult' analogous to 'Mult' would indicate that this is requested. StatMultAttack -0.5 reduces by only -0.33. StatDirectMultAttack -0.5 would actually reduce the stat by 50%.

2. A way to make 'StandStillToCast 1' work on the regular attack skills. I don't like that archers have the ability to move while attacking, unlike magicians. It gives them a huge advantage, doesn't animate well, and creates a massive disparity between people who attack with the keyboard and those who attack with mouse clicks.

3. Making the keyword 'Immunity' work in status effects/enhancements, both for monsters and the PC. Right now it seems to only work when applied directly.

4. This one's for the benefit of the game as a whole -- implementing the happiness/money effects on NPCs as status effects rather than having them just happen in the background. This would include marriage bliss, anger from spouse flirting, depression from gambling, happiness from prayer etc.

5. 'RemoveOnOutOfPower 1' for status effects that consume mana on a constant basis. They should run out when mana is empty.

Hopefully none of these is too much work. Any of them would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Hopefully there's still a chance to have one/some more of these requests implemented. I understand that 1 is impractical (as much as I would love to see it), but 2 (standstillToCast for archers) and 3 (using Immunity in status effects/enhancements) would be very much awesome. Thanks for porting over min/maxHealth!

Shadow
07-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Hopefully there's still a chance to have one/some more of these requests implemented. I understand that 1 is impractical (as much as I would love to see it), but 2 (standstillToCast for archers) and 3 (using Immunity in status effects/enhancements) would be very much awesome. Thanks for porting over min/maxHealth!

Most of them are still on my list of things todo. I'm not sure when I'll get to them though.

Bluddy
07-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Most of them are still on my list of things todo. I'm not sure when I'll get to them though.

I'm really glad to hear that! Take your time -- I know you're busy with other stuff :)