PDA

View Full Version : questions about events

(name here)
01-12-2008, 06:26 PM
so, i know that uniques will spawn out in the world, rally a group, start uprisings, and eventually cause bad stuff to happen to the town, but i want to know the mechanics for how long this takes and what events they cause. also, how do renegades work? do uprisings have any major effects other than the quest? what are the scout rules? Lastly, could there be some sort of reward for killing the dimensional portals during a town attack? it's a bit hard to hack through legions of elite monsters to kill them, and there is a reward for killing a single elite monster that's scouting the town

wow, long post

Delve
01-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Scouts seem to come before a town attack, and dealing with the scout in a timely manner will prevent it. Just from my experience, and the fact it makes sense.

(name here)
01-12-2008, 07:12 PM
not always, i've seen at least one without a procceding scout who lasted a while. i have seen one caused by a scout, though. but there was a naga attack without any naga scout.

Delve
01-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Were you at war with the naga at the time?
I think you can also get a town attack if you let a unique creature stir up a rebellion or whatever and don't put it down quick enough.

(name here)
01-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Were you at war with the naga at the time?
I think you can also get a town attack if you let a unique creature stir up a rebellion or whatever and don't put it down quick enough.
I might have had an uprising at the time, but i'm not sure.

Shadow
01-14-2008, 12:26 PM
That's a lot of questions at once. :)

There isn't a set time or a set sequence that these things happen. Every once in a while a quest has a chance to morph into another quest or start a new quest. How often this happens, the chance that it happens, and the possible quests that it can start are all quest specific.

Renegades are just barbarians that have gone against the town. Sooner or later they will attack the town, but they also try to recruit more barbarians to their cause. So while there are renegades loose, the town and your potential recruits are in danger.

Uprisings are one of the quests that have a fairly high chance of causing town attacks.

Scouts are sent in to see how easy it would be to attack the town. The can lead in town attacks, but they can also cause other havoc while they are in town like kidnap one of the npcs or trap the town.

Killing the dimensional gate in a town attack does have one reward. No more enemies can teleport in. :)

Town attacks can come from many different sources: scouts, unique monsters, bosses, and uprisings to name a few.