PDA

View Full Version : Other ships power

gornova
11-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Just my curiosity :D
Like in Dop and Din, player "knows" monsters and npc power level moving mouse on top of it.
In Drox this will be similar? Or do you plan to add some sort of "scan" mechanics?
I'd like to know if my enemy have a "doomsday" weapon or not to use against me :D

Shadow
11-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Currently it is similar to DC and DoP. There are sensor/scanner type of items in the game though that could be used to limit the information if I wanted to though.

gornova
11-17-2011, 06:14 AM
Thanks, do you think this could be a problem?
Drox's models cannot be too much or do you plan to have ships with many parts and different graphics? For example photon cannon vs laser cannon.. can I see differences ? Or only when weapon fires?

Shadow
11-17-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm not how much a ship will look different based on the equipment installed. Different weapons definitely look different when fired though.

gornova
11-17-2011, 02:20 PM
A ship can be "stealed" from one faction to another one? I wonder if this can be done on big ship. For example "Colossus" ship (a ship with a name of race X) can be "hacked" from race Y and used against it ?

Shadow
11-17-2011, 06:15 PM
A ship can be "stealed" from one faction to another one? I wonder if this can be done on big ship. For example "Colossus" ship (a ship with a name of race X) can be "hacked" from race Y and used against it ?

That kind of thing is not in the game right now, but it is possible I might add something like that.

ShaggyMoose
01-28-2012, 07:47 PM
That kind of thing is not in the game right now, but it is possible I might add something like that.
What about wingmen and player controlled fleets? Or will you be controlling a solo ship at all times? Will co-op work the same way as it did in DC?

gornova
01-29-2012, 05:02 PM
right!
Drox Operative ship can be a carrier for other ships ? Maybe short range ships or so on :D (Galactica anyone? )

Shadow
01-30-2012, 02:16 PM
What about wingmen and player controlled fleets? Or will you be controlling a solo ship at all times? Will co-op work the same way as it did in DC?

Currently you can only control your 1 ship. Co-op is pretty similar to DC

right!
Drox Operative ship can be a carrier for other ships ? Maybe short range ships or so on :D (Galactica anyone? )

You can have fighter bays.

gornova
02-01-2012, 06:12 AM
that's cool! :D