PDA

View Full Version : I <3 Borg

Mercanis
12-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Any chance we could see a race similar in theme to the Borg in Drox Operative? I don't mean cybernetic creatures per se, but a dynamic force working its way through the galaxy that spreads, consumes, and appropriates other life forms for its own nefarious ends.

I recently played through Space Pirates and Zombies, and that game has a whole simulated ecosystem where eggs release infectious agents, spread to ships, convert ships into zombie ships, and slowly take over a region of space.

With Drox Operative's focus on a dynamic galaxy, I think the addition of some "infectious" element could be very interesting, especially if said infection contaminated the player's ships, converting beloved ship designs into deadly new enemies (because betrayal and zombies go hand in hand).

gornova
12-13-2011, 08:47 AM
I love this idea, but without zombie, too much zombies around, maybe something like Zerg or hive minds like Borg could be more original (in some way)

Shadow
12-13-2011, 09:25 AM
There are zombie type things in the game that spread. I'm not sure if they will be as powerful as the borg, but they are there.

Mercanis
12-13-2011, 11:05 AM
I love this idea, but without zombie, too much zombies around, maybe something like Zerg or hive minds like Borg could be more original (in some way)

Don't necessarily want undead, but something alien that spreads in a unique way.

I.e. like the way Tyranids can quietly spread through spores, hatch into a small, stupid swarm that gains intelligence as they grow in number, eventually connecting to the distant hive mind through the creation of more intelligent creatures.

gornova
12-14-2011, 08:58 AM
and can infect your crew members too!