PDA

View Full Version : Need step by step instructions >_<

coffeecoffee
12-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Hello, I've recently started playing Depths of Peril and I have to say I absolutely love the game. Due to my current circumstances, I don't have a lot of free time to play; which is why I'm here asking for a step by step tutorial on how to made a few "simple" adjustments to the game.

1) How to change skill costs (preferably... 1 copper or free, so I can test different skill-builds on the fly)

2) what's needed to change the sell-back value of items to NPCs?
(I would prefer it to stay at around 40-50%, i.e if a pair of boots has a retail value of 100 copper, it should NPC back for 40-50 coppers)

Thanks for reading and I hope someone has the patience to write a tutorial to help me out - I would read the SDK and what's required to mod but I really don't have the time.....really want to get the most out of my free time by playing Depths of Peril. Thanks again.

~Coffee

coffeecoffee
12-20-2011, 09:20 AM
I apologize for the double post, but I looked around this morning and found a thread regarding skill prices - all I did was edit a value in a system file in assets3 and now skills are free :D

anyone know the values for vendor buy back prices/????

~Coffee

Bluddy
12-20-2011, 09:26 AM
I apologize for the double post, but I looked around this morning and found a thread regarding skill prices - all I did was edit a value in a system file in assets3 and now skills are free :D

anyone know the values for vendor buy back prices/????

~Coffee

As a rule, you don't want to edit assets3.zip since that's your 'master' file. What you do instead is create another zipfile like mod.zip and put only the files you want to change in there. So inside the zipfile you'd make a /Database directory, and in that you'd place systems.gdb, which you're going to modify.

To change buy back prices, I believe you change 'MaxSellPercent' and 'MinSellPercent', also in systems.gdb, which are currently set at 5 to 25%.