PDA

View Full Version : Money Drops

Bluddy
01-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Shadow, would it be possible to add MinMoneyBase and MaxMoneyBase to systems.gdb?

Shadow
01-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Shadow, would it be possible to add MinMoneyBase and MaxMoneyBase to systems.gdb?

What context are we talking about? If you are talking about just normal money loot drops that is controlled by MoneyChance, MinMoneyPerLevel, and MaxMoneyPerLevel.

Bluddy
01-05-2012, 11:17 AM
What context are we talking about? If you are talking about just normal money loot drops that is controlled by MoneyChance, MinMoneyPerLevel, and MaxMoneyPerLevel.

Yeah I mean the money drops. Essentially there's an inflation scale of 100 between the first level and the last level. I was wondering if it would be possible to add a MoneyBase so that the inflation could be reduced. The initial money drop level (MoneyBase) would then be, say 10, and you could have every level increase with an average of 0.5 so that by level 100 you get drops of 60. The resulting inflation is then only 6x as opposed to 100x.

Inflation actually does make sense here because users can play at lower levels, and inflation serves as a way to reduce the gains from lower levels. It's just that 100x inflation in money drops is a bit extreme, but given the current commands it can't be avoided since there's no way to set the base money drops. No matter what values you use for MinMoneyPerLevel and MaxMoneyPerLevel, the last level will have 100x the drops of the first level.

Shadow
01-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Ah, ok I see what you want. That's sounds like a good idea for Drox also so I'll make sure to add that soon and port it back to DC.

Bluddy
01-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Ah, ok I see what you want. That's sounds like a good idea for Drox also so I'll make sure to add that soon and port it back to DC.

That's great!