PDA

View Full Version : Covenant trade parameters

Bluddy
01-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Hey Shadow. I want to ask you about some of the parameters for covenants in the game, but there are so many of them that it's not so simple.

My goal is to reduce the effectiveness of trading on the improvement of covenant relations, and to make it so that selling to other covenants is done at a huge loss. The reasons for these changes are that a. it's a huge convenience to be able to sell to other covenants wherever you are, and that should come at a huge penalty and b. it's too easy to make covenants like you by buying and selling. You can buy and sell the same item over and over and just keep increasing your relationship with them.

So here are the commands I'm curious about. Like I said, there's a lot of them.

1. RelationChangeEqualTrade
2. RelationChangePersistentTradeMult: how does this apply? What's considered persistent?
3. MinComparisonGold
4. RelationChangeInfluenceMaxPerTrade
5. RelationChangeMultMyInfluence
6. MinComparisonInfluenceNumKills
7. GenericValueChunkPercent
8. TotalTradeChance
9. TradeRelationFearMult
10. TradeChanceStart/End/X/Y
11. TradeAdvantage

Have I missed anything else (other than SellPercent which I think is like the vendors' value in systems.gdb that would allow minimizing factions' reaction to item trade?) Anything else that would allow minimizing the amount of money they give you in return?

Normally I'd want to understand every value in the file, but in this case there are just so many. It's clear you did an amazing job on this thing. You should really go back and seal up some cracks. For example, junk items should have almost no effect on relations. And buying and selling the same item should not be allowed: once an item is sold to a covenant, it should be marked as sold, and any further attempt to buy/sell it should not affect relations. This would make sure that if you really want to make the covenant like you, you have to supply it with fresh, good loot.

Shadow
01-09-2012, 06:21 PM
1. RelationChangeEqualTrade - basically the relation change for trading with them

2. RelationChangePersistentTradeMult - persistent means items/gold, basically it figures out how much extra they are getting in the trade and then multiplies the mult by that to get the relation change

3. MinComparisonGold - if their gold amount is less than this, they use this value to see how much they value the gold you just gave them

4. RelationChangeInfluenceMaxPerTrade - just a max so trading can't give you too much relation boost at once

5. RelationChangeMultMyInfluence - how much the value their own influence

6. MinComparisonInfluenceNumKills - similar to #3 but with influence and it's not a direct number but related to the number of kills

7. GenericValueChunkPercent - some of the math works better if it is broken into chunks and done multiple times instead of everything at once

8. TotalTradeChance - the chance the covenant will want to trade each period (can be a gift, normal trade, or demand)

9. TradeRelationFearMult - the more they fear someone the nicer they are in their trading (gift/trade/demand wise)

10. TradeChanceStart/End/X/Y - this the trade curve (the chance that they will do a normal trade based on their relation with the other covenant), there are demand and gift versions also

11. TradeAdvantage - how much padding they will ask in their trades

Note: it's actually spelled Comparision in the game (yes it's spelled wrong).

Hopefully all of that is correct. It's been a long time since I've worked with a lot of this stuff.

Bluddy
01-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Hmm... I'm not finding a good way of achieving my aim of minimizing the ability to exploit the AI, other than reducing the crap item multiplier further. Would it be possible to add an extra variable to each item that gets set when you sell the item to a covenant? That would be the only time that you could get a relationship improvement with a covenant using that item.

Shadow
01-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Is the player losing money on each buy/sell cycle? If so it is not much different than donating money to the covenant which would get you a reputation boost. Although maybe the boost is too high in the buy/sell stuff.

Bluddy
01-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Is the player losing money on each buy/sell cycle? If so it is not much different than donating money to the covenant which would get you a reputation boost. Although maybe the boost is too high in the buy/sell stuff.

Right. The player does lose money, but the amount of reputation he would gain from giving money would only be a teeny tiny percentage of the reputation boost he's able to get by trading with this trick. If the item trade reputation boost were equivalent to what you'd get by just giving money, it would be fine.

Shadow
01-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I can probably reduce the relation boost you get from buying and selling in the next patch (assuming there will be one).

Castruccio
01-17-2012, 07:21 PM
I hope there is one!