PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Jousting series on tv!

Amberjoy
01-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Discovered this show will start in Feb. Might be interesting.
Here's what the website said in one area:
HISTORY is bringing back the most dangerous collision sport in history and transforming it into a 21st-century event. But this is no Renaissance fair as the toughest riders in the nation face off in a bone-crushing competition for big money. It's as intense as it was 500 years ago, but with a twist: Traditional armor is replaced by modern suits of steel, while action is captured by high-speed cameras. Each episode features full-contact jousts in which jousters charge and collide at 30 miles an hour, and every joust is a test of courage and strength requiring nerves of steel. The last man standing takes home the cash as this extreme sport is reborn.

At this link: http://www.history.com/shows/full-metal-jousting
you can see more and a clip. Bloody, fast and dang dangerous! Wonder how many 'We won't sue you' papers they had to sign? :lol:

Sounds like a guy type show. :D

Amberjoy
02-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Just a reminder, first show starts this Sunday, Feb. 12th, 2012. Grunts, blood, horses, ambulances..yum! :eek::rolleyes::cool:

:D

Roswitha
02-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Did anybody watch this? How was it?

Amberjoy
02-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Did anybody watch this? How was it?

I've watched 3 episodes. If you like watching buff guys get knocked off of horses and splinters of lances breaking teeth and stuff its great! :rolleyes: I'm getting a little bored with it. Probably will come back in a few episodes though the promo for next week says one of the guys gets sent to the hospital.

It is a very extreme sport. Interesting sort of. But, then I'm a fem so macho guy stuff isn't all that interesting. :D