PDA

View Full Version : Pre-orders?

Ghenghis
01-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Hi folks, I was just wondering if there will be any pre-orders available for Drox Operative? I was thinking it would help fund you developers during the completetion of the game.

If you are going to release a pre-order perhaps you could include the final beta testing for the game with the transaction so that those who have pre-ordered would get to play the game a little earlier.

Also, what type of security comes with the game? I found that Linux doesn't like hidden things being installed on your computer. I figured out work-arounds for Din's Curse and Demon Wars, but as a result had to install WinBlows under dual boot to install the game then play from linux.

I don't like much having some remote source having the ability to turn off or on my software when I purchased it. This affects re-installation when not connected to the net and sometimes even being able to play the game at all.

Anyways thanks for Din's Curse and Demon Wars. They were great games and well done. I am still playing them. In the interim of Drox being released I am considering purchasing Depth's of Peril.

Shadow
01-16-2012, 02:45 PM
At the moment we are planning a pre-order/beta type of thing. We have done that in the past and I think it worked pretty well.

We are only planning a simple key check, no intrusive drm stuff. This is the same thing that we did with DC, so I'm surprised that it gave you any trouble.

Ghenghis
01-17-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm sorry, it has been over a year since I installed and I confused your game and another indie game I purchased. So it was not your games I had trouble with the security software installed alongside the game. By the way I did just buy Depth's of Peril and it is a great game too.

On another note, any idea when pre-orders will be set up for Drox?

I imagine that it will be some time prior to the release of Drox, but that is all I can surmise. Perhaps you could shed more light on this for me?

Shadow
01-17-2012, 07:26 PM
On another note, any idea when pre-orders will be set up for Drox?

I imagine that it will be some time prior to the release of Drox, but that is all I can surmise. Perhaps you could shed more light on this for me?

Right now I don't have a good date to give you. We are making really good progress but we aren't even in alpha yet.

Chumpy
01-31-2012, 11:01 PM
Can't wait to pay money for this.

aReclusiveMind
02-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Been following/lurking for awhile and enjoying the bits of pieces we've gotten about the game here and there. I want to thank you personally for creating games that make it so your choices matter. This is opposed to creating games where "choice and consequence are important" and really aren't, but publishers say it anyway just to boost sales through the use of buzzwords.

I will admit that the graphics behind your first three titles were the main hangup I had with them. I think Drox Operative is looking great though, so I don't foresee that being an issue for me with it at all.

I am anxious to see a gameplay video featuring some not only combat but also general gameplay elements. Far too many developers show only combat in their videos to appeal to the more action-oriented crowd. I think that would be the last thing I'd have to see to make a decision to pre-order.

Loved the interview you did with Gamercast. The description of consequences and random events you provided has only heightened my interest. I would recommend you try reaching out to SpaceSector.com if you haven't already. I haven't seen any coverage of Drox Operative over there, but as clearly a space based game I'd say there's no reason you couldn't get some. It'd be a public service for all those out there who haven't heard about the great concept you've got going here. :)

Shadow
02-13-2012, 05:43 PM
I'll have to contact them and see if they are interesting on being on our press list or something. Thanks for pointing them out.