PDA

View Full Version : Unique Monster Spawning

Bluddy
01-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Shadow, I have a question about unique monster spawning mechanics.

Unique/legend/boss monsters only spawn if they're mentioned in a monster type as UniqueVersion and LegendVersion, right? So what would happen if I made unique monsters have a MinLevel 1 and a MaxLevel 30 rather than using the level of their type? Just to illustrate:

MonsterOrc1
{
Level 1
UniqueVersion MonsterOrc1-Unique
}

MonsterOrc1-Unique
{
MinLevel 1
MaxLevel 30
}

The reason I want to do this is to minimize the amount of unique monster copying I have to do if I want to have several versions of e.g. MonsterOrc1. I'd have one MonsterOrc1 at level 1, one at level 3, one at level 7 etc. but without needing to have 3 corresponding versions of MonsterOrc1-Unique.

My question is, will this work without changing anything in the current behavior? ie. it seems like this unique should still only spawn at a level where Orc1 can spawn, rather than spawning at every level.

1. Is this correct?
2. What will the unique's level be?

Shadow
01-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Actually I don't think either way would work because the game chooses a normal monster type first and then chooses a unique specified from that entry.

Bluddy
01-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Actually I don't think either way would work because the game chooses a normal monster type first and then chooses a unique specified from that entry.

OK but if the game chooses a normal orc1 which is level 1, and then looks at the unique for that orc (orc1-unique) but that orc1-unique is minlevel 1 and maxlevel 30, would that be a problem, or will the orc1-unique spawn properly at level 1?

Shadow
01-17-2012, 01:13 PM
OK but if the game chooses a normal orc1 which is level 1, and then looks at the unique for that orc (orc1-unique) but that orc1-unique is minlevel 1 and maxlevel 30, would that be a problem, or will the orc1-unique spawn properly at level 1?

I believe in that case the unique will always end up being level 1.

Bluddy
01-17-2012, 01:25 PM
I believe in that case the unique will always end up being level 1.

OK and if I use the same unique (no duplication) and reference it from orc3 that's level 5, will that same unique orc spawn at level 5? Because that would be exactly what I'm hoping for -- reducing duplication.

Shadow
01-17-2012, 07:22 PM
OK and if I use the same unique (no duplication) and reference it from orc3 that's level 5, will that same unique orc spawn at level 5? Because that would be exactly what I'm hoping for -- reducing duplication.

I believe so but you'll have to test it out.