PDA

View Full Version : How to raid together?

Dan78
01-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Why do we need to recruit MULTIPLE mercenaries? I currently see no point. You can take along only one, and all others just sit quietly in your HQ.

I’ve recruited a mage recently and suddenly found that me and my warrior companion are magically buffed! Bit I’m not sure whether it was done by my mage or an Apothecary. I’ve never seen my mage casting (doing) anything, and Apothecary is sparkling and dancing all the time I go nearby…

And here comes THE BIG QUESTION. The ingame help system says that you can take 5 ppl to the raid, but really you can’t. I’ve tried to invite 3rd member to my party during raid time and war time, it doesn’t work. And there’s no ‘invite to raid’ command… Even my usual companion warrior stops following me in some random point during raid, so I usually end up fighting alone against enemy hordes, while all my mercs sit in my house drinking coffee (or whatever they do there). So how do you raid together? Is there any bizarre combination of keys, mouse clicks, shaman dancing or typing words in command console to take 5 ppl to raids?

Delve
01-14-2008, 01:22 PM
You want as many recruits as you can get to defend your house from enemy raids. Also, if your recruits have any targeted buffs they will cast them on you if you stand long enough for them to, and you don't already have a conflicting effect, just like any townspeople with buffs will do.

As for taking them to raids, when you go to the relations screen and initiate a raid it will ask you which recruits you want to take. Highlight them all red to bring them all with, but beware of a counter-raid from another covenant on your defensless house.

Now guards (the ones you buy from the beastmaster), I will admit, are really just to look cute unless you get raided a lot. I've not been raided very often despite living dangerously, I must just be that likeable.

StealthBunny
01-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Guards are also great when monsters gate into your house.

Or, if you run up to monsters or enemy covenant members in town, go "Neener neener neener!" at them, and get them to chase you back to your covenant, then sit back and laugh as your guards and recruits pummel them to death.

It works! Really!

Delve
01-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about town attacks. :D

SamMcMackin
01-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Why do we need to recruit MULTIPLE mercenaries? Because the enemy has multiple recruits, and you + 1 recruit vs enemy + 5 recruits is a tough fight.

StealthBunny
01-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Why do we need to recruit MULTIPLE mercenaries? Because the enemy has multiple recruits, and you + 1 recruit vs enemy + 5 recruits is a tough fight.

And fighting groups of monsters ISN'T a tough fight??? :eek:

Delve
01-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Not when you consider that enemy covenants are also fighting said monsters, on approximately the same terms (I assume), and winning just as much as you are.

StealthBunny
01-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Except when a bug gives those covenant eight or more recruits and you're still stuck with five :P

Delve
01-15-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm assuming that either way it restricts 'adventuring' members of the covenant to only a single companion.

(name here)
01-15-2008, 04:45 PM
I like having guards as what amounts to insurance. it's rare to get raided, but it can be a total massacre if there aren't guards. the guards are what makes attacking so tough.

lasic
01-15-2008, 06:39 PM
You say that other covnants don t raid so much. To beggin i ve played in easy and average mode but now i play on hard mode and guards are needed earlier in the game and you can t store them during so much time to have more crystals.... In this mode guards are really usefull to protect your convnant when you raid an other house because all go very quickly!!!

stumbler
01-15-2008, 08:10 PM
When you select "raid" you'll see a menu of people:

1) Single click on the names of the people you want to go on the raid with you. The color of the names will change. The people you dont' check will guard your base.

2) Go the the teleport stone, and teleport and teleport to the enemy base you are going to raid. Your "crew" will teleport with you.

3) To adjust this, follow the steps to kick off a new raid, and select your crew accordingly.

Hope this helps.