PDA

View Full Version : Lich issues

Bluddy
01-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Hey Shadow. There are some issues with the necromancer monster that I've been thinking about:

1. I only recently realized that the lich's role was changed between DoP and DC and that only in DC did you change him to control the zombies and skeletons. However, the level layout is still the same as in DoP, which means that the lich rarely gets to spawn together with skeletons and zombies and to put this effect to practice.
2. There's a skill called SkillLichAddFollowers that's referenced in MonsterArcheTypes.gdb but the skill doesn't exist. I don't know if this means that the lich can't add followers at all -- I haven't seen this effect in action because of point 1. EDIT: it seems like the lich can control monsters even without this skill.
3. Raised monsters are definitely one of the coolest parts of the game. However, zombies raised by the lich aren't considered under the lich's control and can't attain that status effect. It'd be nice if they could be counted as the lich's followers.

Bluddy
02-06-2012, 10:20 AM
There seems to be another problem, specifically with liches and zombies raising the dead, though it's most acute with liches. You can get the comical situation of a lich killing a monster, raising it, only to have the monster attack the lich again. If the monster happens to die, the lich will raise it again, repeating the process until the lich dies. The problem is that the zombie monster hasn't cleared its enemy list. You have the ClearEnemies effect for followers of the lich, but it's not really needed there, and it doesn't apply to monsters other than skeletons and zombies.

I'm going to try to solve this specific problem by adding a DeathSkill to all monsters that clears each monster's enemies. Hopefully that'll do the trick, but it'd be cleaner if it were automatic. EDIT: I'm not sure why, but this solution causes all monsters to stop attacking completely. It's as if they're using the skill all the time, which doesn't make sense.

desophos
02-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I found this typo in factions.gdb and thought it might have something to do with this thread:
FactionUndead
{
Base BaseMonsterFaction

Name $$Undead$$

ReputationWith FactionNecro
ReputationFactionZombie 80.0
ReputationWith FactionZombie
ReputationFactionZombie 80.0
ReputationWith FactionSkeleton
ReputationFactionSkeleton 80.0
}
I believe the underlined ReputationFactionZombie should actually say ReputationFactionNecro.

Bluddy
02-11-2012, 09:37 PM
There's a bunch of these typos. I'm not sure if they actually do anything, but I've already fixed them in the mod, so that's not the issue here. Good job catching it though.

Shadow
02-16-2012, 10:03 AM
I'll look at the Lich issues. I did just fix all of the faction problems.