PDA

View Full Version : Inventory, scrolling through recruits, etc

StealthBunny
01-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Now, I might just be doing something wrong here... but...

1.006 version, when I hover the cursor over an armor part in my inventory/vendor's inventory, I used to get the information pop-up of what my character is currently wearing to compare to it. Now, it usually pops up what my recruit is wearing with instructions that I can use the arrow keys to scroll through recruits and character.

Except that I can't get the arrow keys to do it.

Also, when I go into the configure menu to set the zoom keys ('cause my mouse wheel zoomed in once and then refused to do anything more again), there are blanks by the settings and when I try to put in a hot key, I keep getting a warning that it is a duplicate, no matter what I put in. And it doesn't let me put anything in.

Am I doing something wrong, or is these bugs?

Delve
01-14-2008, 01:55 PM
The comparison window responds to the cursor keys for me. Are you using the arrow keys or the keys in your numberpad?

StealthBunny
01-14-2008, 02:48 PM
arrow keys, not numpad

Delve
01-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Sounds brokeded. :(
I assume you've used the keys outside DoP and they worked. Any idea about when this started?

If you open your user.cfg in Notepad what does is say for these (they'd be near the bottom):

VirtualKey VirtualUp "Up Arrow"
VirtualKey VirtualDown "Down Arrow"
VirtualKey VirtualLeft "Left Arrow"
VirtualKey VirtualRight "Right Arrow"

StealthBunny
01-14-2008, 03:09 PM
The keys work fine everywhere else. And before the 1.006, I could use the arrow keys to up and down the text "news" box too, but now there's a hint box telling me to use the 1 key. Which doesn't work.

Also, my hot key for the #1 slot isn't working. Which may have something to do with the 1 key wanting to be the scroll for the text "news" box. I have to change it to something else.

Confused yet? :) I was, so I changed everything back to default keys and am just trying to get around with it for now.

Shadow
01-14-2008, 03:23 PM
StealthBunny, do you have the Reflexive version or our version?

StealthBunny
01-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Your version, but I originally had the Reflexive and my user file was imported from that.

Shadow
01-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Ok, there are 2 things you can try. Use the reset to defaults button and then see if things work and if you can change keys again. If this doesn't work you can delete your users.cfg (I would really just rename it to be safe) file to reset all of your settings and then see if things behave again.

StealthBunny
01-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Nope. Neither worked. Both on the arrows keys, the #1 hotkey, or adding in the zoom in and out hot keys.