PDA

View Full Version : MonstersToSpawn bug

Bluddy
01-25-2012, 10:11 PM
I believe MonstersToSpawn doesn't choose randomly between the different MonsterArchetypes even though it's supposed to. This can be witnessed in SkillGravestoneSummon, which is supposed to summon anything from zombies to ghosts, but in fact summons only zombies.

My guess is that the function does work when several monsters are summoned. I think the SkillDemonGateSpawn summons random monsters. But I think the first monster will always be the first one in the list, so when you have a single use item like a gravestone, it'll always spawn the first archetype in the list.

I ran into this bug when trying to make several types of temporal flux spawn.

Shadow
01-26-2012, 09:36 AM
It's actually meant to be that way. Although it shouldn't always spawn a zombie. What it does is it spawns the first monster in the list that it can (based on levels).

Bluddy
01-26-2012, 09:44 AM
It's actually meant to be that way. Although it shouldn't always spawn a zombie. What it does is it spawns the first monster in the list that it can (based on levels).

Oh I see. Well I found a way to accomplish what I wanted to do (I hope): I'll use randomskills on the MonsterEventFlux to call different spawn skills.