PDA

View Full Version : Making chests disappear faster

desophos
02-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I've just begun modding Din's Curse and one thing that really screams for a mod is the speed at which chests vanish. I often have to stand around for several seconds waiting for a chest to disappear so I can pick up the items that dropped beneath it.

I assume that the chest vanish is an effect, but I can't find it. I looked everywhere in Assets and I can't seem to find anything about it. I would really appreciate some help, and I'll post the mod here. Thank you!

Shadow
02-06-2012, 06:28 PM
I believe what you want to change is FadeTime in Database/chests.gdb

desophos
02-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Thank you!

I have three mod ideas right now: a "smooth sailing" mod that increases the speed of opening chests and identifying items, two things which seem to me to slow down the game; an XP mod to make killing monsters for XP feasible instead of having quests be the main single source of XP; and a set mod with which I intend to make sets appealing despite the typically poor stats on the individual set items.

I want to increase the XP gained from clearing floors, but I can't find the parameter. I've gathered from reading the forums that the idea was added late, so I would assume it's hacked in as a quest or something; however, I can't find it anywhere. I would appreciate it if someone would tell me where it is. :)

Oh and by the way, I absolutely love Din's Curse, in case you can't tell.

desophos
02-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Never mind about the level clear XP, I found it. :P