PDA

View Full Version : Repair Cost

Bluddy
02-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Shadow, how is the actual repair cost charged by weaponsmiths and such worked out? I've found Max/MinRepairCostPercent, but that doesn't seem to be affecting the cost the way I expected it to.

Bluddy
02-13-2012, 10:19 AM
To be more specific, it appears that MaxRepairCostPercent determines how much of the price of the item it costs to repair it when the item is broken, and then a part of that amount is calculated based on how much durability is missing.

The thing I don't get is what MinRepairCostPercent does, since it doesn't seem to modify the minimum cost of the item as far as I can tell. It's modifying something somehow, but I'm not sure what or how.

Shadow
02-13-2012, 05:15 PM
How it works is at really low levels it uses MaxRepairCostPercent and as the value of an items gets closer to MinSellPercentPrice (in this case 5000) the repair cost shifts closer and closer to MinRepairCostPercent.

Bluddy
02-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Thanks. So the way I understand it, the idea is that below 5000CP, you wanted the sell price to be a larger percentage (25%), but once you pass 5000 the sell price is lower and lower (5%) to prevent making a ton of money off of items. But then the repair and identify prices also needed adjustment together with resale price because otherwise they'd completely overwhelm the selling price.

I'd never have understood the mechanics from the names, so thanks for explaining.

While we're at it, could you explain what TradeAdditionPercent does and how GamblePercent works?

Shadow
02-13-2012, 05:38 PM
I believe TradeAdditionPercent is only used in DoP but it's used when a covenant actually wants an item that you are selling them so that they will pay higher than the normal selling price.

When you are gambling the are 2 items: the base item and the potential item that you might win. GamblePercent determines how much to charge between the base item price and the potential item price.