PDA

View Full Version : Item creation

dnken
02-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Can someone help me to create new sword and give it to warrior class on start? (i'm russian)

desophos
02-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Well, to create a new sword you can look in "Din's Curse/Assets/assets001.zip/Database/Items/swords1handed.gdb". That's where the sword item data is stored. Then look in "Database/classes.gdb" and find ClassWarrior. You'll see some StartingItem parameters there. Add one that says the name of your new sword (not the display name but the code name, e.g. SwordNew1). If you need more help feel free to ask. :)

dnken
02-14-2012, 03:00 AM
In .zip mod version i must create database folder only or database and items?

dnken
02-14-2012, 07:46 AM
How can create mod .zip? Which files and folders i must create

desophos
02-14-2012, 01:09 PM
You'll want a .zip file that contains a folder called Database, and inside the Database folder, one called Items. Inside the Items folder you should have a file called "mod_new_starting_sword_item.gdb". That file should have the code for the sword item in it. At the top of that file you should put "mergeWith swords1handed.gdb". Inside the Database folder (outside the Items folder) you should have a file called "mod_new_starting_sword_class.gdb". That file should contain:
modStartingSwordClassWarrior overrides ClassWarrior
{
startingItem myNewStartingSword
}
"myNewStartingSword" is whatever the name of your new sword is.

And your mod .zip folder should be inside the Assets folder.

You can download the Din's Curse SDK at the Din's Curse mods page (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Mods.html) for more info. :)

Bluddy
02-14-2012, 01:30 PM
It's pretty easy to find swords in the game, so maybe you want to explain what kind of sword you're trying to make and why? Do you want to make one that has stronger attributes, or are you talking about making a new 3d model for a sword (which a post on this forum has examples of)?