PDA

View Full Version : Drox Operative - Storm and Swarm

Shadow
02-16-2012, 03:40 PM
This is a little ahead of schedule, but today we announced two of the monsters in our upcoming space, action RPG, Drox Operative. You can check out the Storm and Swarm on the Drox Operative monster page (http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Monsters.html).

Castruccio
02-16-2012, 03:58 PM
So awesome. Can't wait for more. Why do you say this is ahead of schedule?

Shadow
02-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Why do you say this is ahead of schedule?

I was originally going to officially announce the Dryads and the Talons before I started announcing the individual Talon monsters but I wanted a break of announcing races. :)

Valgor
02-16-2012, 07:26 PM
I take it the Dryad are a spacefaring race in Drox Operative that breed Talon for use as some kind of organic starships?

Shadow
02-16-2012, 07:34 PM
I take it the Dryad are a spacefaring race in Drox Operative that breed Talon for use as some kind of organic starships?

Well they used to at least.

Valgor
02-17-2012, 07:01 AM
So Talon were superseded by superior technology and returned to the wild...
I'm curious to see what the Dryad are cruisin' across the universe in these days.

Bluddy
02-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Wow organic spaceships... not many sci-fi universes use 'em. Battlestar Galactica and Dune are the only ones that come to mind.

Valgor
02-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Dune had organic spaceships?

Bluddy
02-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Dune had organic spaceships?

My mistake. I only read the 1st book (a long time ago), and I think they looked like organic ships in the movie, which made them seem organic in my mind.

Amberjoy
02-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Wow organic spaceships... not many sci-fi universes use 'em. Battlestar Galactica and Dune are the only ones that come to mind.

I think you mean Babylon 5 tv series? They used organic spaceships.

Dune series did have some organic ships in later books...I think. Been a while since I read those. Been reading the ones the author's son and friend are putting out now. 'prequels' as it were from notes the author made as he wrote the original series.