PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

Glabrezu
02-20-2012, 12:18 PM
1) is it possible to have Vitality increase resistances?

2) is it possible to have regeneration of health based of vitality?

3) is there anyway to import the models for dins curse into depths of peril?

4) is it possible to add enhancements to the character classes?

i think there was other questions but ive forgot them now o.O
any help appreciated

Bluddy
02-20-2012, 01:58 PM
1) is it possible to have Vitality increase resistances?

Yes -- through skills. In DC there are 2 ways to do it, while in DoP, there's only one way to do it. You have to use a skill like TalentStrengthBonus, using StatReq Vitality and have PointsReq 1. The effect would be StatChangeResistanceFire 1... etc.

Note that you have to find a skill tree where you can add these skills -- it seems like the limit is 10 skills per tree. You might have to replace existing skills, or you could try adding a 6th hidden skill tree and see if it works (I can get at least 5 in DC).

2) is it possible to have regeneration of health based of vitality?

Same answer. StatReq will be Vitality, and you'd use DynamicStatMultHealthRegen 0.1 or something like that. The only caveat is, I'm not sure this last command (DynamicStatMultHealthRegen) exists in DoP.

3) is there anyway to import the models for dins curse into depths of peril?

If the format of animations and models hasn't changed between DC and DoP, it should be possible. Copy over the /Models/Players/ directory and /Modles/playerMaleHuman.mdl to DoP's directory and see if the DoP model editor can pick it up. To get to the model editor in DoP, you press ~ and type in modelEditor 1. ~, modelEditor 0 gets you out (I think).

Note that in DoP, the player models will never rotate when they move around, as that's not in the code.

4) is it possible to add enhancements to the character classes?

Do you mean enhancement like status effects that never expire? Sure. You can add them to the skill trees (so long as there's space in the trees).

Glabrezu
02-20-2012, 02:16 PM
hey thanks for the reply, ill put them into use when i have time
and yeh i meant a permanent enhancement, aka monster/npc like

ok the model doesnt seem to work, the character is invisible, its like when you give a rogue a shield, they dissapear when they do certain attacks and dont have the shield appearing, wonder if theres a way to fix that

and im having touble adding the enhancements, i want to now add just a general regen for all the classes including npc's, it seems to be working when you first get the npc/recruit, but after that (maybe when you quit game and come back) its gone
heres what i did

added a skill in the skills section

TalentRegeneration
{
Base BaseSkillPassive

BaseName $$Regeneration$$

TextureName Textures/Icons/Skills/precision.tga

StatusEffect StatusEffectTalentRegeneration

// TickTime 1.0
// DynamicStatChangeHealthRegen 1.0
// StatChangeHealthRegenBase 0.0
// StatChangeHealthRegenPerLevel 5.0
}

then added into the basic skill trees (ie SkillTreeBasicWarriorSkills)
Skill TalentRegeneration

then added the stauseffect

StatusEffectTalentRegeneration
{
// Base BaseMonsterEnhancement

// StatMultMinDamage -1.0
// StatMultMaxDamage -1.0

// StatMultAttack -0.2
// StatMultArmor -0.2
// StatMultDefense -0.2

// Base StatusEffectBaseCovenantTrait
Base BaseStatusEffect

Forever 1 //myone i added

Name $$Regenerative$$

TextureName Textures/Icons/skills/regen.tga

TickTime 0.25

HealthChangePercent 0.15

InformOthers 0
}

any idea what im doing wrong?
i have only basic knowledge (copy pasting mainly/editing pre existing code, as long as its simple)