PDA

View Full Version : Possible to change what Raise Dead works on?

Larloch
03-19-2012, 01:08 AM
I looked through most of the database files and I couldn't a file that controls what Raise Dead can be used on.

Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Bluddy
03-19-2012, 11:35 AM
If you look at skills.gdb, you'll see that RaiseDead has NeedsDeadBody 1.

Looking in the .exe file, there are a couple of other options. You can use NeedsEnemy, NeedsFriend, and NeedsLockableObject (ie. door, chest).

Larloch
03-19-2012, 06:08 PM
What about being able to use it on boss monsters, orcs, etc? I was thinking maybe those monsters had some kind of enhancement on them preventing it but I can't find anything like that.

Bluddy
03-20-2012, 06:10 PM
What about being able to use it on boss monsters, orcs, etc? I was thinking maybe those monsters had some kind of enhancement on them preventing it but I can't find anything like that.

I'm not sure what you mean, and I'm also not sure what the different commands do exactly. It sounds like you want NeedsEnemy, but there's no way to make it differentiate between bosses and non-bosses. I don't think it'll take away the monster target though -- I think that only works on dead bodies. But you'll have to experiment to be sure.

Shadow
03-20-2012, 06:22 PM
If you wanted to be able to raise Orcs you would need to go to the ArchetypeOrc entry in MonsterArchetypes.gdb and change CanBeRaised to 1.

Raising uniques, legends, and bosses is controlled by the code.

Bluddy
03-20-2012, 06:29 PM
If you wanted to be able to raise Orcs you would need to go to the ArchetypeOrc entry in MonsterArchetypes.gdb and change CanBeRaised to 1.

Raising uniques, legends, and bosses is controlled by the code.

Ah that's right. I misread his question. Sorry.

Larloch
03-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks you guys for taking the time to respond.