PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Your Favorite Character

Delilah Rehm
01-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Iím going to write a new short story! Who would you like it to be about? :confused: Is there a character in my stories you love? Put the name in a comment to vote. Iíll write a new story about the character who gets the most votes! :cool:

Desticato
01-17-2008, 08:22 PM
I realize you're probably asking about someone featured primarily as a character in one of the 40 books in the game, whether heroic or villanous, but I have to say that I'm kinda partial to Oslo. Sure, he comes off a bit mercenary, as evidenced when you chat him up in-game to find that he gripes about things like inclement weather & untimely deaths only because they affect his bottom-line!

Still, I think that someone with that kind of determination in 'making the sale' would be ripe for a juicy story or twenty. Especially one who views death as little more than an inconvenience.

Delilah Rehm
01-18-2008, 01:39 PM
I could so do a story on Oslo. :D There is a lot hidden behind his happy facade.

Gir
01-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Especially one who views death as little more than an inconvenience.

Ever read the Takeshi Kovacs series by Richard K. Morgan? Starts with Altered Carbon. That's what this statement suddenly reminded me of.

And I agree. Oslo probably has some great stories to share. :)

StealthBunny
01-18-2008, 04:11 PM
I agree, Oslo is probably an interesting one, but Dorva and how she started "training" guards would be an equal vote for me, too.

Desticato
01-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Ever read the Takeshi Kovacs series by Richard K. Morgan?

I just finished reading Altered Carbon about three weeks ago. I devoured it over the course of three evenings (interrupted only by sessions of Hellgate: London, Depths of Peril, FastCrawl, FATE and The Witcher (as well as those pesky necessities known as work and sleep)), and I have to say: it was the best cyperpunk-murder-mystery-detective-noir-crime-drama-buddy-cop-novel I've ever read. It would probably make an excellent movie with the right budget, director and cast. Takeshi Kovacs (pronounced Cho-vacs for those who haven't read the books) is one of the most instantly likeable, grudging protaganists since F. Paul Wilson's Repairman Jack (http://www.repairmanjack.com/faq_III.htm).

Of course, if Oslo gets his own story, I may be able to say the same thing about him in the not-too-distant-future.

Delilah Rehm
01-19-2008, 10:33 PM
So that's 2 Oslo, 1 Dorvia.

I actually met F Paul Wilson at a con a few years back. He said his book with Repairman Jack had been optioned for a movie, but he wasn't sure it was going to get made.

Delilah Rehm
01-31-2008, 03:50 PM
If I was going to vote, I'd probably vote for Ciglio, simply because he is fun to write, or maybe Dez because he is always getting into trouble.

Of the people in town, I might pick Dorvia too, because she's so angry at Airik and hurting for her lost daughter. Little does she know it's Katla. :eek: :D

Delilah Rehm
05-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Is everyone finished voting? I'm going to work on this project soon. :)