PDA

View Full Version : What to do...

Delilah Rehm
04-03-2012, 09:51 AM
It seems like I either get writing done for Drox, or I play it. I can't seem to manage both in a single day. Oh, the humanity! :D

My ship is level 18 I think. I just got a new slot for light equipment, which is great because I really needed two items to feed my energy addiction. Crew are light equipment too. I used to use 4 of them but now I only use 3. I sucks when they get pissy and want to be paid but they really bump up my stats. A lot.

I don't have any armor on my ship, but I do have shields. You have some tough choices about how to outfit your ship because of... power levels (which I always call weight and Steven always corrects me!).

I can't wait for you guys to get to play it! Would anyone like to hear what equipment I'm using?

gornova
04-03-2012, 10:14 AM
of course, even a screenshots and some quests reports!

Delilah Rehm
04-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Don't kill me, I used to know how to do screenshots. But now, not so much. Also, I'm just told over my shoulder that Steven and Steve must approve screenshots. :(

My ship is level 21 human.
Heavy Components:*Budget Nuclear Drive III +10 Defense, +220 Thrust, +11 Thermal Resistance, +16 Explosion Resistance
*Laser IV 30.7 damage/second, +12 Explosion Resistance, +101 Power Load (cost), +35% durability
*Cheap Nuclear Power Plant IV +417 Max Power Load, +56 Attack Cheap *Fighter Bay III ship level 16, energy cost , reuse sec., +121 Power Load (cost), +47% durability
Medium Components: (Just a sec, tornado sirens are going off...)
*Cheap Advanced Deflectors II +162 Max Shields, +113 Power Load (cost), 49% durability
*Superior Supercomputer I +108 Defense, +216 Attack, +13 Kinetic Resistance, +11 Explosion Resistance
*Cheap Heavy Battery II +148 Max Energy +111 Power Load (cost), +37% durability
*Solar Array IV +178 Max Power Load, +12 Explosion Resistance
Light Components: (One more sec, Steven says it sounds weird outside...)
(Okay, it sounds like something between thunder and like we live near an airport.)
**Crew
*Sexton (Dryad) (These names will probably change...) +3 Helm, +4 Structural, +5 Computers
*Humphrey (Fringe) (This guy is my most pissy crew) +5 Tactical, +4 Engineering, +6 Computers
*Meadolf (Lithosoid) +5 Helm, +5 Structural, +6 Engineering
**Equipment
*Cheap Battery Recharge III +4 Energy Regen, +44 Power Load (cost)
*Budget Battery Backup I - Adds 120 Energy, reuse 1 minute, +25 Power Load (cost)

Okay, we've finally got some lightning, but no rain... Just a few drops. So... As of 2:37 pm central time, we are all doing fine. Not sure about Steve the artist. He might be closer to the storms. I'll check on that.

Delilah Rehm
04-03-2012, 04:48 PM
More Sirens... Maybe there's a closet in my near future?

Amberjoy
04-03-2012, 05:07 PM
More Sirens... Maybe there's a closet in my near future?

Good luck! Stay safe.

Delilah Rehm
04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
All is well! No bad stuff in our neck of the woods. Pretty sure Steve H is good too. I ended up having to pick up the kids from school though... The busses hadn't even started by 5 pm.

aReclusiveMind
04-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Glad to hear you all made out okay. We tend to have a few tornado alerts here in TN as well, so I understand the concerns.

Sounds like your captain is broke or really just likes to use rusty old cheap/budget parts. :)

Three crew members from three different species. Are they all playing nice with one another? Why is Humphrey so grumpy?

It looks like you have a fighter bay installed? What does the ship level 16 indicate? Does that mean your captain/ship is level 21 but your drones/fighters are only level 16? Do they level up or do you need to acquire a better component to get them to a higher level?

Also, are any of the other species actively trying to gun you down yet?

gornova
04-04-2012, 06:03 AM
cool! thanks!

Shadow
04-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Three crew members from three different species. Are they all playing nice with one another? Why is Humphrey so grumpy?

It looks like you have a fighter bay installed? What does the ship level 16 indicate? Does that mean your captain/ship is level 21 but your drones/fighters are only level 16? Do they level up or do you need to acquire a better component to get them to a higher level?

Humphrey is probably grumpy because either she hasn't been very nice to the Fringe or Humphrey has worked a while and not been payed.

As for the fighters, she just needs to find a newer and better fighter bay.

Delilah Rehm
04-05-2012, 09:39 AM
I have to pay that bastard all the time! I've only had one game with the Fringe as far as I know, and they died pretty quick. I had nothing to do with it. (Yes, I know balancing is still underway.)

I just got an interceptor bay with level 17 ships. Woohoo! I love those little guys... They make great decoys when I need to run like hell.

I do have some better parts in storage, but I don't have enough Power Load to equip them yet.

aReclusiveMind
04-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Very cool! Grats on your new interceptor bay.

PixelLord
04-08-2012, 08:36 PM
I was testing Drox today. In the game there were 5 races, 4 of which were on great terms with me. But one race who was in last place and had only one planet, didn't like me. So I thought I'd eliminate them from the competition. So I declared war on them. As soon as I did, I lost the game! Turns out I didn't think to check to see that all other races were either allied with him or loved that race, so as soon as I declared war on them, all the other races declared war on me simultaneously. Case closed! wow! :rolleyes: