PDA

View Full Version : How do you sort your loot?

Delve
01-16-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm lazy. Generally I just skim the base number (DPS for weapons, or total armor for, uh, armor) and if it's not better than what I or my recruits are wearing then I get rid of it. Unless it's a set piece, or a really nice magic item I could throw at a new character.

Random potions generally just get sold off, health and treasure potions I keep of course. Ocassionally I collect resist potions in my stash, but then I never remember to actually use them from there so that's sort of wasteful, isn't it?

ShaggyMoose
01-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Sometimes I will sacrifice armour for buffs, but usually I will go for DPS on a weapon. Actually, when a weapons says something like "+4 Poison Damage", is that used in the DPS calculation, or is it additional damage?

I am still trying to collect every unique set, even if a lot of them aren't much use to me... This game really encourages packrats!

(name here)
01-16-2008, 04:31 PM
skim the base number, then look at applicable bonuses. i like poison damage and item/money find bonuses.

Delilah Rehm
01-16-2008, 04:53 PM
I usually look at the cost. I don't know how effective that is, but it's simple and I can get back to playing.

Delve
01-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Sometimes I will sacrifice armour for buffs, but usually I will go for DPS on a weapon. Actually, when a weapons says something like "+4 Poison Damage", is that used in the DPS calculation, or is it additional damage?

From my admittedly non-scientific observations I believe the DPS number includes all bonuses axcept what you'd get from a strength bonus. Though I could be mistaken. I know the armor value quoted works about like that, since Shadow has said as much. ;)

I am still trying to collect every unique set, even if a lot of them aren't much use to me... This game really encourages packrats!

Yes! :)

I forgot to mention that if I notice a poison name on a weapon I'll compare a little more carefully. The DoT effect can more than make up for a few lost points in DPS. I also bias against 2 handers, since bonuses from a shield can also make up for a loss in DPS. Weapons are complicated!

Desticato
01-16-2008, 08:33 PM
This is how I sort my loot.

Yes, I can be a tad OCD at times.

An intervention would not be unwelcome. I need help. I have a very serious brain problem.

StealthBunny
01-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Right now, The Treasurer keeps all Sets pieces, including Sets duplicate pieces. StealthBunny keeps all Uniques and Artifacts in her Stash. I use Party Stash as a temporary holding bin for things waiting to be "inventoried" by The Treasurer, waiting to be offered as gifts or to sell to covenants, relics that I transfer back and forth as I need them, that kind of thing.

I also have an inventory list, which is disgustingly large and took a full afternoon to type up.