PDA

View Full Version : Help, mistakenly downloaded patch, now game crashes!

TroyeMcW
04-29-2012, 02:29 AM
Help!!!

I mistakenly downloaded the newest patch, not realizing that this was one of the games I'd purchased from Reflexive... now the game won't start, says I downloaded the wrong patch (obviously)... I have no way to redownload the game, since reflexive no longer exists, and no idea how to get rid of the patch so I can play the game... *sigh*

would be willing to buy a new version of Depths of Peril from you here at the source, but haven't the money at this time --- am saving to buy Din's curse and Demon Wars... (and that will take months --- was hoping to play Depths of Peril in the meantime...)

any hope for me???

Thanks,
Troye McWilliams

Shadow
04-29-2012, 10:52 AM
We should be able to fix this. First, go to the directory where the game is installed and delete DepthsOfPeril.RWG. Then go into the Users directory. You should have a build.cfg and a buildAlt.cfg. If so, delete build.cfg and rename buildAlt.cfg to build.cfg.

TroyeMcW
04-29-2012, 01:37 PM
It worked!!! and, according to the "version number" at the bottom of the screen, it's the updated version as well... oh, thank you very much!!! now I have even more reason to buy Din's Curse/Demon War from you --- not only have you made wonderful games, you're wonderfully helpful as well... (btw, I have Kivi's Underworld as well, and love it too...)

Thanks again,
Troye McWilliams

TroyeMcW
04-29-2012, 03:20 PM
2nd reply -

hmmm... now I have an odd bug... whenever I die (too often, *sigh*) or when I open a "treasure map" - the "buried treasure" or my soulstone show up (inaccessable) on EVERY region map... (I CAN access the treasure, or my soulstone on the appropriate region map, however...) Not a really big problem, except that the notification gets in the way of my fighting sometimes... (Note: I do have the ALT key toggled on, if I turn it off, it hides the notification, but when I turn it back on - so I can pick up the treasure drops, it's back in the way...)

Shadow
05-01-2012, 05:37 PM
hmmm... now I have an odd bug... whenever I die (too often, *sigh*) or when I open a "treasure map" - the "buried treasure" or my soulstone show up (inaccessable) on EVERY region map...

Yeah, I know about that one. It's on my list of things to fix, assuming we do another Depths of Peril patch.